Lịch khai giảng các lớp học OFFLINE 2018

Học tiếng Anh online mọi lúc mọi nơi chỉ với 149k

www.OnThiTOEIC.vn - Website Ôn thi TOEIC miễn phí

Facebook Group Học tiếng Anh MIỄN PHÍ

Top 15 Stats
Latest Posts Loading...

Trang 4 / 113 Đầu tiênĐầu tiên 12345671454104 ... CuốiCuối
Hiện kết quả 31 đến 40 trong tổng số 1127

Đề tài: Ôn thi TOEIC- Part 5- Đố bạn làm được :)

Tham gia ngày
    Oct 2010
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 9,481 lần

Mặc định

Trích Nguyên văn bởi Toeicpp Xem bài viết
    1.I will be at lunch with a client for the next hour and a half, but I leave my cell phone …. should you need to reach me for anything.
    a.on
    b.behind
    c.for
    d.in

2. While they may have annual goals, budgets, performance reports, …. professional have a ready answer to question such as these
    a. but
    b. few
    c. most of
    d. a lot

3. They will give vegetarians, body builders, and the health-conscious … renewed energy if taken as directed.
    a. as
    b. alike
    c. such as
    d. on

4. We are concerned about whether or not the circulation of fresh air is …. adequate to keep people cool and breathing freash air.
    a. more than
    b. throughout
    c.quite a
    d. enough
    1. I will be at lunch with a client for the next hour and a half, but I leave my cell phone on should you need to reach me for anything.

a. on

b.behind
    c.for

d.in

This is a rather straightforward vocabulary question. In this context, “on” is an adjective and means “being in operation”. Ex. The TV is on. Did you leave the light on when you left the house?

2. While they may have annual goals, budgets, performance reports, few professionals have a ready answer to question such as these

a. but

b. few

c. most of
    d. a lot

The key to this question is the conjunction “while”, which means “although” in this context. Therefore, the second part of the sentence will be in contrast with the first one.

The sentence means “although many professionals may know about annual goals, budgets, etc. few of them can respond quickly to these questions”

Because of the contrast logic, C and D can be ruled out immediately. A can be ruled out as its meaning doesn’t fit with the rest of the sentence.

3. They will give vegetarians, body builders, and the health-conscious alike renewed energy if taken as directed.

a. as

b. alike => (adv) in the same manner, to the same degree

c. such as
    d. on

The key to this question is to understand that the missing blank would need to be an adverb to modify the verb “give”. The sentence means “If taken as directed, they (the pills) will give renewed energy equally to vegetarians, body builders and the health conscious.

Other choices are not appropriate since they don’t convey similar meanings.

4. We are concerned about whether or not the circulation of fresh air is more than adequate to keep people cool and breathing fresh air.

a. more than

b. throughout
    c. quite a

d. enough

The key to this question is the expression “is _adequate” where adequate is an adjective. Therefore, the missing blank would need to be something that would indicate the degree of this adjective => more or less adequate than what is currently available. Choice A is correct as it fits with the missing blank requirement.

Lich khai giang TOEIC Academy

2. 7 thành viên cám ơn LHX v́ bài viết hữu ích

matquykyo313 (22-09-2012),nguyenj2j (24-12-2012),peden (18-06-2012),tinhthotk (27-05-2013),Toeicpp (16-06-2012),tranbinh20122012 (05-01-2014),utd93 (16-06-2012)

Tham gia ngày
    Jul 2011
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 15 lần

Mặc định

Can you explain more precise about question 1, 3 and 4
    In number 1:
    I've never seen "should" placed in this position. for example Should I/we... but they're questions

number 3:
    I think "as" is the same meaning like alike, in this context. Is it right?

number 4:
    what is the grammar point about more than?
    Why dont we use "more". I think that "more than" is usually before nouns. For example, there are no more than three cars

Học từ vựng

Tham gia ngày
    Dec 2010
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 0 lần

Mặc định

Trích Nguyên văn bởi 2708 Xem bài viết
    Theo ư kiến của ḿnh, không biết có đúng không, mong các bạn góp ư
    Đáp án d) attached
    a) không chính xác v́ câu này đă có một động từ find (một câu đơn không thể có hai động từ)
    b) danh từ (loại)
    c) attaching là tính từ nhưng không đúng cho trường hợp này v́ tính từ đuôi -ING thường mang ư chủ động ví dụ như "the cleaning man" "playing child"
    d) ở đây our sales list and contents là một cụm danh từ tiếp nhận hành động của động từ attach v́ vậy đáp án đúng là tính từ attached
    Đáp án d) attached là chính xác.

Thi thử TOEIC MIỄN PHÍ

Thi thử TOEIC tại TOEIC Academy

Thi thử như thi thật, đề thi sát đề thật

Ôn thi TOEIC miễn phí

www.OnThiTOEIC.vn

Ôn thi TOEIC trực tuyến miễn phí với TOEIC Academy

Tham gia ngày
    Oct 2010
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 9,481 lần

Mặc định

Can you explain more precise about question 1, 3 and 4
    In number 1:
    I've never seen "should" placed in this position. for example Should I/we... but they're questions

number 3:
    I think "as" is the same meaning like alike, in this context. Is it right?

number 4:
    what is the grammar point about more than?
    Why dont we use "more". I think that "more than" is usually before nouns. For example, there are no more than three cars
    Should can be used with a statement, not necessarily only with a question. When should is placed before a subject in a statement, it means “if”. It’s a polite form of saying “if”

Here is the definition of should in such a situation from the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary:

should

(formal) used to refer to a possible event or situation

If you should change your mind, do let me know.

In case you should need any help, here's my number.

Should anyone call (= if anyone calls), please tell them I'm busy.

I leave my cell phone on should you need to reach me for anything => I leave my cell phone on if you need to reach me for anything.

Although “as” also means “to the same extent, equally”, its usage in a sentence is completely different from that of “alike”. Note the distinction in the following examples:

John is a good boss. He treats everyone equally.

John is a good boss. He treats everyone alike.

John is a good boss. He treats Jim the same way as he does Jane. He treats Jim as equally as Jane.

When as is used to mean “to the same extent, equally”, it cannot be used alone.

The child sang as sweetly as a nightingale

And not

The child sang as sweetly

You can use “more than” with adjective. Here is a definition of “more than” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus

more than

Definition

very

It's more than likely that there's oil here under the ground.

I was more than a little (= I was very) curious about the whole business.

formal We will be more than glad/happy/willing to help you in any way we can.

(Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

You cannot use "more" in the given question because you would need than after "adequate" plus a few more phrases to make grammatical sense.

We are concerned about whether or not the circulation of fresh air is more adequate (than currently available => has to be added to make the sentence grammatically correct) to keep people cool and breathing freash air

However, with "more than" meaning "very" or "extremely", the sentence is grammatically correct.

If you haven’t started using a monolingual dictionary and thesaurus to study English, please do so now. Discontinue using a bilingual dictionary once you have acquired a minimum level of English vocabulary. You won’t make much progress in English until you start using a monolingual dictionary and memorize usage examples associated with each word. Pay close attention to the English syntax structure in these examples, and start thinking the same way whenever you want to write or say something. Questions on any English language tests will start making sense to you once you get a hang of English syntax and word usage.

Facebook Group Học tiếng Anh MIỄN PHÍ

6. 4 thành viên cám ơn LHX v́ bài viết hữu ích

chiplovevp (09-03-2014),matquykyo313 (22-09-2012),peden (18-06-2012),tranbinh20122012 (05-01-2014)

Tham gia ngày
    Jul 2011
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 15 lần

Mặc định

There is no dout at all that you are performing a superb sort of English. Although so jealous of your skills , very thankful
    To be honest, I always use oxford advanced dic for looking up words , it's my habit for nearly a year. But there are some rare and strange grammar points I've never ever seen as above

Btw, can you give me more detail about phrasal verb "make sense", I see it is used alot in many of contexts.

5.Educap does not share or otherwise disclose your nonpublic information to any other entities…. as required or permitted by applicable law
    a. without
    b. except
    c. barring
    d. including

6. When you go to the warehouse on Tuesday, … to speak to the loading crew foreman, whom you will find on the loading platform.
    a. tell
    b. remind
    c. ask
    d. inform

7. The 60,000 seat-stadium buit for multi-sports events in 1992 has ….. fallen into disrepair and is now in need of renovation, as have the country’ other man sport venues.
    a. since
    b. hardly
    c. about
    d. even

8. If people really knew how much harm liquor …. to their body , I dout if any people would drink it
    a. does
    b. makes
    c. affects
    d. forms

Học tiếng Anh chất lượng cao

Lớp học OFFLINE của TiengAnh.com.vn

Ngữ pháp, Ngữ âm, Giao tiếp, Luyện thi TOEIC

English to Vietnamese translation

8. Thành viên sau cám ơn Toeicpp v́ bài viết hữu ích

tranbinh20122012 (06-01-2014)

Tham gia ngày
    Oct 2010
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 9,481 lần

Mặc định

There is no dout at all that you are performing a superb sort of English. Although so jealous of your skills , very thankful
    To be honest, I always use oxford advanced dic for looking up words , it's my habit for nearly a year. But there are some rare and strange grammar points I've never ever seen as above

Btw, can you give me more detail about phrasal verb "make sense", I see it is used alot in many of contexts.

5.Educap does not share or otherwise disclose your nonpublic information to any other entities…. as required or permitted by applicable law
    a. without
    b. except
    c. barring
    d. including

6. When you go to the warehouse on Tuesday, … to speak to the loading crew foreman, whom you will find on the loading platform.
    a. tell
    b. remind
    c. ask
    d. inform

7. The 60,000 seat-stadium buit for multi-sports events in 1992 has ….. fallen into disrepair and is now in need of renovation, as have the country’ other man sport venues.
    a. since
    b. hardly
    c. about
    d. even

8. If people really knew how much harm liquor …. to their body , I dout if any people would drink it
    a. does
    b. makes
    c. affects
    d. forms
    make sense1. To be coherent or intelligible: an explanation that made sense.
    2. To be practical or advisable: It makes sense to go now.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

5.Educap does not share or otherwise disclose your nonpublic information to any other entities except as required or permitted by applicable law

a. without

b. except

c. barring
    d. including

The key to this question is to understand that the second part of the sentence will refer to some exception to the first part (does not share or otherwise disclose).

The syntax structure of the second part indicates that only except would be the right choice => except as

Without => doesn’t need as

Barring => doesn’t need as

Including => doesn’t need as

6. When you go to the warehouse on Tuesday, ask to speak to the loading crew foreman, whom you will find on the loading platform.

a. tell

b. remind

c. ask

d. inform

Only ask to speak is correct in this sentence. Other phrases (tell to speak, remind to speak, and inform to speak) are not grammatically acceptable.

Tell someone that I want to speak => OK

Remind someone that I want to speak => OK

Inform someone that I want to speak => OK

7. The 60,000 seat-stadium buil
    t for multi-sports events in 1992 has since fallen into disrepair and is now in need of renovation, as have the country’ other man sport venues.

a. since

b. hardly
    c. about

d. even

Since is the only word that makes sense in this context => Since its first construction in 1992, the stadium has fallen into disrepair => the stadium has deteriorated over time

Has hardly fallen into disrepair => this would mean the stadium is still in good shape

Has about fallen into disrepair => this syntax is suspect. The correct syntax would read “is about to fall into disrepair”

Has even fallen into disrepair => the use of intensive “even” is inappropriate as this would indicate that the stadium suddenly fell into disrepair now.

8. If people really knew how much harm liquor does to their body, I doub
    t if any people would drink it

a. does

b. makes
    c. affects

d. forms

This is a straightforward vocabulary question as the correct expression is “to do harm” and not “to make, affect or form harm”.

Lich khai giang TOEIC Academy

10. 7 thành viên cám ơn LHX v́ bài viết hữu ích

13112000 (20-11-2012),matquykyo313 (22-09-2012),nguyenj2j (24-12-2012),peden (18-06-2012),tinhthotk (13-10-2013),Toeicpp (17-06-2012),tranbinh20122012 (05-01-2014)

Tham gia ngày
    Jul 2011
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 15 lần

Mặc định

9.Ms. Ellen was away from the office on the day of meeting; nevertheless, she was able to participate … the use of teleconferencing.
    a. for
    b. through
    c. in
    d. around

10. If your business has … financial needs, our customer service manager will take the time to understand your business and work with you to customize the products and services that meet your unique business needs.
    a. growing
    b. grown
    c. growth
    d. to grow

11. Lord Browne, chief executive of BP PLC, has orderd dozens of senior managers to stand aside while directors conduct a (an) …. into last month’s climb-down on production targets.
    a. research
    b. gaze
    c. inquiry
    d. work

Tham gia ngày
    Oct 2010
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 9,481 lần

Mặc định

9.Ms. Ellen was away from the office on the day of meeting; nevertheless, she was able to participate … the use of teleconferencing.
    a. for
    b. through
    c. in
    d. around

10. If your business has … financial needs, our customer service manager will take the time to understand your business and work with you to customize the products and services that meet your unique business needs.
    a. growing
    b. grown
    c. growth
    d. to grow

11. Lord Browne, chief executive of BP PLC, has orderd dozens of senior managers to stand aside while directors conduct a (an) …. into last month’s climb-down on production targets.
    a. research
    b. gaze
    c. inquiry
    d. work
    9.Ms. Ellen was away from the office on the day of meeting; nevertheless, she was able to participate in the use of teleconferencing.
    a. for
    b. through
    c. in
    d. around

Participate almost always goes with the preposition in

10. If your business has growing financial needs, our customer service manager will take the time to understand your business and work with you to customize the products and services that meet your unique business needs.
    a. growing => increasing
    b. grown
    c. growth
    d. to grow

The missing blank must be filled with an adjective since this is the proper syntax. Therefore, C and D can be eliminated right away. Although B, as a past participle, can function as an adjective, it doesn't make sense in this situation since a financial need is not something one can grow.

11. Lord Browne, chief executive of BP PLC, has orderd dozens of senior managers to stand aside while directors conduct a (an) inquiry into last month’s climb-down on production targets.
    a. research
    b. gaze
    c. inquiry
    d. work

This is a straightforward vocabulary question. B and D can be ruled out immediately. A can be ruled out since research is mostly used when one wants to discover something related to science or prove a theory.

13. 4 thành viên cám ơn LHX v́ bài viết hữu ích

matquykyo313 (22-09-2012),tinhthotk (13-10-2013),Toeicpp (18-06-2012),tranbinh20122012 (05-01-2014)

Tham gia ngày
    Jul 2011
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 15 lần

Mặc định

I completely agree with you that "participate" usually accompanied by preposition "in". Apparently, I chose "c" . But I was really surprised at the final result as above. What's wrong?
    According to the answer key, "participate + in" tends to be used before nouns such as event,concert, club...

15. Thành viên sau cám ơn Toeicpp v́ bài viết hữu ích

nguyenj2j (24-12-2012)

Tham gia ngày
    Oct 2010
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 9,481 lần

Mặc định

I completely agree with you that "participate" usually accompanied by preposition "in". Apparently, I chose "c" . But I was really surprised at the final result as above. What's wrong?
    According to the answer key, "participate + in" tends to be used before nouns such as event,concert, club...
    My mistake. I didn't pay close attention to the phrase "the use of teleconferencing". Through in this context means "by way of".

Normally, participate would be accompanied by in, i.e participate in a meeting.

However, in this case, the sentence was describing a situation where a participant is away and can only participate via (or through, or by way of) the use of teleconferencing.

This is a good question as the evident answer is sometimes not the correct one in a particular context.
    Sửa lần cuối bởi LHX : 19-06-2012 lúc 05:58 AM

17. 5 thành viên cám ơn LHX v́ bài viết hữu ích

hoangtuf4 (25-07-2015),matquykyo313 (22-09-2012),nguyenj2j (24-12-2012),nhusihamhoc (23-08-2013),tranbinh20122012 (06-01-2014)

Trang 4 / 113 Đầu tiênĐầu tiên 12345671454104 ... CuốiCuối

Đề tài tương tự

1. NEW TOEIC Part 5 / 6 / 7
    By builinh_Au in forum Luyện thi GRE, GMAT, SAT
    Trả lời: 0
    Bài cuối: 09-09-2010, 10:28 PM
  2. phối hợp trợ động từ(welfolk và các bạn giúp tôi với)
    By hoa thiên vũ. in forum 3. Thắc mắc và giải đáp
    Trả lời: 8
    Bài cuối: 27-03-2008, 12:50 AM

Quyền sử dụng diễn đàn