Topics for speaking
Thread này mở ra cho các nhóm online có thể bàn luận. Thậm chí bạn cũng có thể học chung với một người bạn. Những topic đưa ra chỉ mang tính chất tham khảo, k nhiều topic có khả năng "mì ăn liền", nhưng như thế lại hóa hay nhỉ ^^!
TOPIC 1: FRIENDS
This focuses on what you like best - least about friends. It helps you to practice a number of areas: expressing opinions, comparatives and superlatives, descriptive adjectives and reported speech. Its overall concept can easily be transferred to other subject areas such as: holiday choices, choosing a school, perspective careers.
Aim: Practice expressing opinions, reported speech
Activity: Choosing which qualities would make a best friend and which qualities would make an undesirable friend
Level:Pre-intermediate to upper-intermediate
Preparation: Your opinions about best friend and undesirable friend. The presentation should allow you about 2 mins to talk.
Step 1: Put the following adjectives/phrases into one of the two categories: Best Friend or Undesirable Friend
confident in his/her abilities; handsome or beautiful; trustworthy; outgoing; timid; punctual; intelligent; fun-loving; rich or well off; artistic; abilities; inquisitive mind; possess athletic abilities; well-traveled; creative; free; spirit; speaks English well; interested in the same things; interested in different things; from the same social background; from different social background; loves to tell stories; rather reserved; ambitious; plans for the future; happy with what he/she has
Step 2: Let's discuss. Give reasons for each of your choice
1)HOW MUCH INFLUENCE DO PARENTS HAVE THEIR YOUNG ADULT CHILDREN?
2)Is it better to spend money on solving major problem like shortage of food than on useless thing like space travel?
Topic 2: Education
- What are some of the contradictions and paradoxes of university life?
- Describe the educational system in Vietnam.
- Does the educational system in Vietnam tend to exclude minority groups?
- What aspects of the educational system do you find valuable, not valuable?
- What do you know about the educational systems in other countries?
- What would you want your children to understand before they enter an educational system?
- If you were to define an experimental scholastic program, on what would you base it?
- What should the role of private schools be in Vietnam? Why?
- Is the educational system in Italy a good reflection of your values? If not, why not?
- Are you in favor of required schooling or should parents be able to choose to educate their children at home?
Topic 3:National customs, society, social life, and living standards
How do national customs relate to national identity?
What are your favorite national customs? least favorite?
Which national customs contribute most to the creation of Italian identity?
Which national customs of other countries do you find most interesting?
Discuss the origin, history, and current meaning of a national custom.
- How would you describe Vietnamese society?
- How do you think Vietnamese society will change in the next forty years?
- What is it that holds a society together? drives it apart?
- Discuss the problems of a multi-racial, multi-ethnic society.
- What are some of the icons of today's society?
- Are you satisfied with your social life? Why or why not?
- Where is it easiest for you to meet new people?
- Compare your social life to that of your parents twenty or thirty years ago.
- How would your social life change if you had more money? less money?
- How would you compare your living standards to those of your grandparents?
- How does society decide what acceptable living standards are?
English speakers love to talk about the weather. It is a way of breaking the ice (starting a conversation). People talk about the weather on the phone and in person. Friends and family talk about the weather before they discuss what's new. Co-workers talk about the weather before starting a hard day of work. Even strangers discuss the weather. Learn the proper vocabulary and expressions, and you will find it easy to start a conversation anytime and anywhere with anyone you meet!
Common questions and responses about Weather
What's it like out? It's miserable out.
How's the weather? It's ten below. (-10 degrees)
Do you have rain? We haven't had a drop of rain for weeks.
What's the temperature there? It's 22 degrees Celcius.
It's snowing here, what's it doing there? It's pouring outside. (raining heavily)
Beautiful day, huh? We couldn't ask for a better day than this.
What's the weather forecast? They're calling for blue skies all week.
Small Talk- Conversation Starters
In most English-speaking countries, it is normal and necessary to make "small talk" in certain situations. Small talk is a casual form of conversation that "breaks the ice" or fills an awkward silence between people. Even though you may feel shy using your second language, it is sometimes considered rude to say nothing. Just as there are certain times when small talk is appropriate, there are also certain topics that people often discuss during these moments.
The hardest part about making small talk is knowing how to start a conversation. Review the conversation starters and practise them with a friend. And remember, in an English-speaking environment it is often better to make a few mistakes than to say nothing at all!
Talking about the weather
Beautiful day, isn't it?
Can you believe all of this rain we've been having?
It looks like it's going to snow.
It sure would be nice to be in Hawaii right about now.
I hear they're calling for thunderstorms all weekend.
We couldn't ask for a nicer day, could we?
How about this weather?
Did you order this sunshine?
Talking about current events
Did you catch the news today?
Did you hear about that fire on Fourth St?
What do you think about this transit strike?
I read in the paper today that the Sears Mall is closing.
I heard on the radio today that they are finally going to start building the new bridge.
How about those Reds? Do you think they're going to win tonight?
At the office
Looking forward to the weekend?
Have you worked here long?
I can't believe how busy/quiet we are today, can you?
Has it been a long week?
You look like you could use a cup of coffee.
What do you think of the new computers?
At a social event
So, how do you know Justin?
Have you tried the cabbage rolls that Sandy made?
Are you enjoying yourself?
It looks like you could use another drink.
Pretty nice place, huh?
I love your dress. Can I ask where you got it?
Out for a walk
How old's your baby?
What's your puppy's name?
The tulips are sure beautiful at this time of year, aren't they.
How do you like the new park?
Nice day to be outside, isn't it?
I didn't think it would be so busy today.
You look like you've got your hands full (with children or goods).
The bus must be running late today.
It looks like we are going to be here a while, huh?
I'll have to remember not to come here on Mondays.
How long have you been waiting?
10 topic speaking
TOPICS FOR SPEAKING
1. How do you think Western society views old people?
Are they seen as a source of knowledge and experience, or do people regard the elderly as a burden on the community?
2. Some people feel that the elderly have no contribution to make to society. Do you agree with that? What constructive part can old people play?
3. How important is it for a country to have lots of tourists? Why?
4. How does tourism benefit a country and its economy?
5. Do you think the violence shown in films and on TV influences the behavior of young people?
6. Why do you think it is important to play a sport? What are the benefits of sport activities?
7. What are the main environmental problems that exist in your country? Which is the most serious, in your opinion? What is being done to alleviate these problems?
8. Why is it necessary to ask for a guarantee when you buy an expensive thing?
9. What are some things that you consider a complete waste of time? Provide examples to support your views.
10. More and more jobs require us to be able to work with others. What qualities must all people have so that they might easily be able to collaborate with other people?
Các bạn giúp mình cùng làm chủ đề Này nhé:
Explain how to play one of your favorite games(Board game, word game, card game or party game)
Thanks a lot:)
Check hộ những câu hỏi thảo luận trong speaking club
mình chịu trách nhiệm nội dung chương trình của speaking club lớp mình đây là 1 vài câu hỏi để gợi ý các bạn nói chủ để là HOLIDAY & TRAVELING
Ai có ý tưởng hay sửa chửa gì góp ý nha
Warm Up: How many holidays do we have in Viet Nam each year ? Make a list of days in chronological order.
1/ If you were a Prime Minister of Viet Nam. Which days would you select for turning to the holiday except the ones were ?
2/ What will you do on vacation ?
2 bis/ How did you spend this Tet Holidays ?
3/ Have you ever traveled to somewhere ? Tell us about your journey.
5/ Imagine that you could take a trip around the world for free. Which countries or places would you like to visit ? Why so ?
6/ What are some countries or places that you should avoid ?
7/ Do you prefer to visit places in Viet Nam or to visit foreign countries ? Why ?
4/ Can you name some benefits and personal advantages as traveling ?
8/ To travel alone or to travel with a group of people such as friends, family members, your beloved. Which ones do you like ? Make a list of advantages and disadvantages in both types.
Đề tài tương tự
By hoangphuongchi in forum TOEFL iBT- Speaking
Bài cuối: 17-07-2010, 06:20 PM
By tulip_flower_14 in forum Các tài liệu cơ bản
Bài cuối: 08-07-2010, 08:04 AM
By calvinist in forum Luyện thi TOEFL
Bài cuối: 24-08-2008, 03:55 PM
By WTBG in forum Topic Writing
Bài cuối: 15-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Lớp học tiếng Anh chất lượng cao tại Hà Nội
luyện thi toeic,
luyen thi toeic, sách luyện thi toeic,
luyện thi toeic online miễn phí,
trung tâm luyện thi toeic,
tài liệu luyện thi toeic miễn phí, luyện thi toeic ở
đâu, trung tam tieng anh uy tin tai ha noi,
hoc tieng anh mien phi,
trung tâm tiếng anh, trung tam tieng anh,
trung tâm ngoại ngữ, trung
tam ngoai ngu, học tiếng anh,
hoc tieng anh, dạy tiếng anh,
dạy tiếng anh uy tín, trung
tâm tiếng anh uy tín, tiếng Anh giao tiếp,
tieng Anh giao tiep, Tieng
Anh Giao tiep online, Tieng Anh Giao tiep truc tuyen,
Tiếng Anh Giao tiếp online,
Tiếng Anh Giao tiếp trực tuyến, học tiếng Anh Giao