Lịch khai giảng các lớp học OFFLINE tháng 10/2017

Học tiếng Anh online mọi lúc mọi nơi chỉ với 99k

www.OnThiTOEIC.vn - Website Ôn thi TOEIC miễn phí

Facebook Group Học tiếng Anh MIỄN PHÍ

Top 15 Stats
Latest Posts Loading...

Hiện kết quả 1 đến 1 trong tổng số 1

Đề tài: 7 Secrets of Successful TEFL Teachers

funnyseason vẫn chÆ°a cĂ³ mặt trong diá»…n Ä‘Ă n Phụ trách Box Ôn thi đại học
    Phụ trách Box Kỹ năng dạy tiếng Anh
    Từng Phụ trách Box Tiếng Anh cho trẻ nhỏ
    Từng phụ trách Dethi radio
    Tham gia ngày
    Sep 2008
    Nơi cư ngụ
    vô gia cư
    Bài gửi
    Cám ơn
    Được cám ơn 1,532 lần

Smile 7 Secrets of Successful TEFL Teachers

If you believe what you read on the internet, teaching abroad is the easiest thing ever – there’s huge demand for English teachers, you speak English… how hard can it be? Well, pretty tricky actually. So, to help you on your way, here are a few insider tips and tricks to make sure you’re a big hit in the classroom.
    1) Keep quiet
    No one ever learnt how to drive by watching their instructor cruise round the neighbourhood. Similarly, no one ever learnt how to speak English by listening to their teacher bore on for hours. You need to give your students as much time as possible to practise their own English. With a bit of guidance and a few nudges in the right direction now and then you’ll soon see them growing in confidence and ability.
    2) Take a TEFL course
    I tried, and failed, to teach English in China without doing a TEFL course first – I had no idea what I was doing, lost all control of my students and generally didn’t manage to teach them very much. Since starting at i-to-i, I’ve taken a TEFL course and had something of a lightbulb, ‘ahh, so that’s what I was meant to be doing’ moment. You don’t need to go the whole hog and do a 4-week CELTA course – there are loads of online and combined (online plus a bit of classroom learning) courses out there that will give you a good idea of what to do in the classroom and give you access to the better TEFL jobs out there. Find out more about TEFL courses here.
    3) Check the small print
    This isn’t so much to do with your teaching skills, but preserving your sanity. It’s always really important to check the job conditions to avoid spending your entire time abroad running English corners. Check how many contact hours you’ll have, how much preparation and marking you’ll have to do, whether you’ll be doing split shifts, what holidays you’re entitled to and whether you’ll be expected to get involved in extra-curricular activities.
    4) Be neat
    This one is a bit of a no-brainer, but employers in most of the major TEFL destinations (China, Japan, Thailand, South Korea) place a massive premium on teachers looking neat, shiny and presentable. You’ll find your students (and manager) are much more willing to take you seriously if you don’t look like you’ve crawled out of some smelly backpacker’s hostel.
    5) Look out for local customs
    Did you know that writing a South Korean person’s name in red is a big no-no? Observe this from one girl I know on Chalkboard, Duggand:
    “On writing the kids names on the board with a red marker, to my surprise, Candy my best student, erupted into convulsions! I exaggerate not! According to my other students I had wished death and bad luck upon her!”
    Every country has different quirks and customs. Ask some of the local teachers at your school what they are and ignore them at your peril!
    6) Stick to the rules
    One of the best ways to keep control of your students is to split them into teams and have a points system – it motivates them to do well and fear of losing points for their teammates generally keeps the little blighters in check. But, woe betide the teacher who forgets or bends the point system rules – you face all out mutiny!
    7) Don’t take it too seriously!
    The first few weeks of teaching are pretty hard – the mix of a new job, a new country and a whole load of new students is a recipe for feeling overwhelmed. When it all feels too much though, relax, play a few games with your students, go out for some beers with your colleagues… after all, it’s meant to be fun!

Facebook Group Học tiếng Anh MIỄN PHÍ

2. Thành viên sau cám ơn funnyseason v́ bài viết hữu ích

KirkPhelps (26-04-2011)

Đề tài tương tự

1. sử dụng successful và successfully
    By ngadq in forum 4. Dành cho người mới bắt đầu
    Trả lời: 2
    Bài cuối: 07-05-2010, 08:37 PM
  2. 7 secrets from ESL
    By ILOVEUS in forum TOEFL iBT Listenning
    Trả lời: 1
    Bài cuối: 24-06-2008, 11:48 PM