Top 15 Stats
Ôn tập Anh Văn lớp 9
ÑEÀ THAM KHẢO THI TUYEÅN LÔÙP 10 – TEST 2 (10-11)
(1 – 10) Choose the word or phrase that best fits the blank space in each sentence:
1. I almost missed my flight _________ there was a long queue in the duty-free shop.
A. as B. in case C. so that D. although
2. The stream will be _________ with foam.
A. lasted B. composed C. replaced D. covered
3. I was named __________ a wealthy relative of my Mom’s.
A. for B. after C. in D. to
4. “Would you like to go and visit the museum tomorrow?” - “___________________.”
A. That right C. Not at all
B. Don’t mention it D. That would be great.
5. Family members that live apart try to be together ________ Tet.
A. on B. in C. at D. from
6. I’m __________ I broke your bicycle yesterday.
A. pleased to B. sorry that C. excited about D. satisfied with
7. Sandra can’t remember the name of the shop _________ she bought the sofa them.
A. where B. whose C. which D. what
8. _________ money has been spent.
A. many B. a large number of C. few D. a great deal of
9. “Your sister is better now, isn’t she?” - “____________________”
A. I hope not C. I think so, too
B. I’m afraid so D. I’m afraid not
10. If you _________ your clothes they last a lot longer.
A. look for B. look after C. take care D. go on
(11 – 12) Choose the underlined word or phrase that needs correcting:
11. The story is short enough for she to read in an hour.
A B C D
12. Two thirds of the food were eaten by the boys yesterday.
A B C D
(13 – 18)Choose the word or phrase ( A,B,C or D ) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
The Internet has increasingly developed and become part of our everyday life. Do you find the Internet (13)______ ? What do you use the Internet (14)______ ? How much time do you spend (15)______ the web a day? Please respond to these questions.
People use the Internet for many purposes: education, communication, entertainment and commerce. (16)______, the Internet has limitation. It is not only time-consuming (17)______ costly but also dangerous because of viruses and bad programs. Moreover, Internet user sometimes have to suffer various risks such as (18)______ or electronic junk mail, and personal information leaking. So, while enjoying surfing, be alert!
13. A. popular B. comfortable C. useful D. useless
14. A. with B. on C. in D. for
15. A. getting B. surfing C. checking D. playing
16. A. Moreover B. However C. Therefore D. So
17. A. and B. although C. but D. because
18. A. virus B. loss C. spam D. hacking
(19 – 22) Read the advertisement and then decide whether the statements that follow are True or False.
Today, when English is one of the major languages in the world, it requires an effort of the imagination to realize that this is a relatively recent thing – that in Shakespeare’s time, for example, only a few million people spoke, and the language was not thought to be very important by the other nations of Europe, and was unknown to the rest of the world.
English has become a world language because of its establishment as a mother tongue outside England, in all the continents of the world. This exporting of English began in the seventeenth century, with the first settlements in the United States, assisted by massive immigration in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, that has given the English language its present standing in the world.
19. English was spoken by a few million people in Shakespeare’s time. ______
20. It is considered as a mother language outside England. ______
21. English was spoken in North America in the 17th century. ______
22. Most of the immigration in the USA do not speak English. ______
(23 – 28) Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence:
23. He is __________________by his failure. (appoint)
24. If we go on littering, the environment will become ___________________ polluted.(serious)
25. There are energy-_________________ bulbs to save electricity.(save)
26. Many _________________ say that is the best method to adopt.(environment)
27. Snow in April is an unusual _____________________in this area.(occur)
28. Traditional ___________________are a good source of fun and entertainment.(celebrate)
(29 – 32) Use the correct tense or form of the verbs in parentheses:
29. Saigon __________________ (build) more than three hundred years ago.
30. John __________________ (just/win) the first prize in the English speaking contest.
31. He is going to have an extra room __________________(add).
32. Miss Linda is busy __________________(cook) dinner.
(33 – 36) Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them:
33. I think we should use nets to catch fish instead of electricity or dynamite.
I suggested nets __________________________________________________ __
34. Jack doesn’t buy a new car because he doesn’t have enough money.
If __________________________________________________ _____________________
35. Watching cartoons was very interesting to him when he was young.
He was very __________________________________________________ ____________
36. He has also been collecting stamps for five years.
He also started __________________________________________________ __________
2 thành viên cám ơn thanhnamhuflit v́ bài viết hữu ích
lam thuan (19-05-2011),smallchicken_vip97 (07-03-2012)
Đề tài tương tự
By hamhocnhungittien in forum Tiếng Anh chuyên ngành Kinh tế- Thương mại
Bài cuối: 08-07-2013, 10:29 PM
luyện thi toeic,
luyen thi toeic, sách luyện thi toeic,
luyện thi toeic online miễn phí,
trung tâm luyện thi toeic,
tài liệu luyện thi toeic miễn phí, luyện thi toeic ở
đâu, trung tam tieng anh uy tin tai ha noi,
hoc tieng anh mien phi,
trung tâm tiếng anh, trung tam tieng anh,
trung tâm ngoại ngữ, trung
tam ngoai ngu, học tiếng anh,
hoc tieng anh, dạy tiếng anh,
dạy tiếng anh uy tín, trung
tâm tiếng anh uy tín, tiếng Anh giao tiếp,
tieng Anh giao tiep, Tieng
Anh Giao tiep online, Tieng Anh Giao tiep truc tuyen,
Tiếng Anh Giao tiếp online,
Tiếng Anh Giao tiếp trực tuyến, học tiếng Anh Giao