Top 15 Stats
nhung cau truc chuyen doi cau
ai muốn đậu đại học thì học thuộc làu làu liền đi
-there is no point in +ving
it is no good/use+ving
it is no pointless+to_inf
it is not worth+ving
:thật là vô ích khi làm gì
-there is no posibility of doing sthing :ko có khả năng xảy ra việc gì
-it is impossible for sb to do sth:ai đó ko thể làm gì
it is impossible that clause:làm gì là ko thể
-<although+S+try/tried+adv,main clause> có thể chuyển thanh<try (bare _inf)+(as+adv)+as+S+(would/might/may)+main clause:dù cố gắng đến đâu<vẫn ko thể làm gì>
-with a view to doing sth
in an (attempt/effort)+to do sth
with the(intention/purpose)+of doing sth: để làm gì
only+by+n/ving+v(can)+S+bare-inf = only+in this way+v(can)+S+bare-inf: chỉ = cách gì thì ai đó moi có thể làm gì
Sửa lần cuối bởi lat ku : 24-12-2010 lúc 07:47 PM
2 thành viên cám ơn lat ku vì bài viết hữu ích
dieu_vien95 (24-12-2010),giacmonhonhoi12 (05-03-2011)
sb never thought of doing sth
sb never thougnt that.clause
the thought of doing sthing never occurred to sb
the thought that _clause never crossed sb`s mind
it never occurred to sb to do sth
it never crossed one`s mind that clause
ai đó chưa bao giờ nghĩ đến việc làm gì
poke/stick one`s nose into sth :can thiệp vào cái gì
sthing is too much for sb :cái gì vượt wá sức chìu đựng của ai
sth is well/poorly attended :cái gì có nhìu hay ít người tham dự.
be in straitened circumstances/ financial difficulty :lâm vào tình cảnh túng thiếueg:he is alway in straitened cicumstances
give sb notice of sth :báo trước cho ai cái gì eg: i am sorry i gave you notice of my visit
obtain a loan from the bank
a bank loan :vay tiền ngân hàng
sthing didn`t come up to sb`s expectation = sthing fell short of sb`s expectation :cái gì ko tốt đẹp như ai mong đợi
sth went beyond sb`s expectation:cái gì vượt wá mong đợi của ai
take advantage of sth ( to do sth):lợi dụng hoặc tranh thủ cái gì
catch sb alive:bắt sống aj
try(unsuccessfully/in vain/vainly) to do sthing :cố gắng làm gì nhưng ko thành
do anything but +bare_inf:làm bất cứ cái gì ngoại trừ
Sửa lần cuối bởi lat ku : 12-01-2011 lúc 08:55 AM
sb is capable of doing sthing:ai có khả năng làm gì
sb is eligible to do sth : ai đó có đủ đkiện để làm gì
put/ impose/exert a strain on sb :gây áp lực lên aj
put / impose / exert pressure on sb :gây áp lực lên ai
despise sb of doing sthing
=look down on sb for doing sthing
=look down one`s nose at sb for doing sthing khinh thường ai vì đã làm gì
sth is on offer / on sale :cái gì đang bán hạ giá
hold sb / sth off :ngăn chặn ai làm gì
inform / notify sb of sth: thông báo cho ai cái gì
sb/sth is missing : ai mất tích/ cái gì thất lạc
be immune to / against sth : miễn dịch với cái gì
ahead of schedule/ time:trước thời hạn
in front of + N : một vị trí
Sửa lần cuối bởi lat ku : 17-01-2011 lúc 11:28 AM
I. Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest:
Câu 1: A. change B. chemical C. which D. each
Câu 2: A. climate B. commercial C. construction D. protect
Câu 3: A. animal B. primary C. extinction D. classify
Câu 4: A. medicine B. crisis C. primary D. priority
Câu 5: A. endangered B. damaged C. destroyed D. provided
II. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the rest:
Câu 6: A. disappearance B. conservation C. vulnerable D. generation
Câu 7: A. awareness B. temperature C. chemical D. serious
Câu 8: A. development B. contaminate C. ability D. agriculture
Câu 9: A. agency B. benefit C. government D. diversity
Câu 10: A. primary B. extinction C. animal D. classify
III. Choose the best word to complete the sentences:
Câu 16: We have plenty of time for doing the work. We _______ be hurried.
A. mustn't B. shouldn't C. needn't D. mayn't
Câu 17: Toxic chemicals from factories are one of the serious factors that leads wildlife to the _______ of extinction.
A. wall B. habitat C. verge D. bridge
Câu 18: A / An _______ species is a population of an organism which is at risk of becoming extinct.
A. dangerous B. endanger C. endangered D. endangerment
Câu 19: The concert was cancelled, ________ we went to a nightclub instead.
A. however B. so C. but D. although
Câu 20: I am not deaf. You _______ shout.
A. need B. needn’t C. must D. mustn't
Câu 21: It is a top secret. You _______ tell anyone about it.
A. mightn't B. won't C. needn't D. mustn't
Câu 22: _______ I borrow your lighter for a minute?
A. May B. Will C. Must D. Should
Câu 23: The Bali Tiger was declared extinct in 1937 due to hunting and habitat loss.
A. generation B. diversity C. reserve D. natural environment
Câu 24: Peter has been working for 10 hours. He _______ be very tired now.
A. has to B. needn't C. must D. should
Câu 25: Keep quiet. You _______ talk so loudly in here. Everybody is working.
A. may B. must C. might D. mustn't
Câu 26: John is not at home. He _____ go somewhere with Daisy. I am not sure.
A. might B. will C. must D. should
Câu 27: Julie has a guitar ________ she plays it really well.
A. so B. and C. therefore D. but
Câu 28: Jane often wears beautiful new clothes. She _______ be very rich.
A. must B. could C. might D. needn’t
Câu 29: Don’t be afraid ________ the dog. He’s quite harmless.
A. for B. at C. in D. of
Câu 30: This is an expensive ________ very useful book.
A. therefore B. however C. so D. but
Câu 31: We have not won yet; ________, we will keep trying.
A. therefore B. so C. however D. but
Câu 32: I am going shopping for food this evening ________ I do not have to go at the weekend.
A. so B. but C. however D. moreover
Câu 33: Almost half of turtles and tortoises are known to be threatened with ____.
A. extinction B. extinctly C. extinctive D. extinct
Câu 34: We live in the same building ________ we have hardly seen each other
A. and B. therefore C. but D. so
Câu 35: You _______ take your umbrella along with you today. It _______ rain later on this afternoon.
A. should / might B. needn't / will C. will / must D. ought to / mustn't
V.Read the following passage and choose correct answers below :
Visitors to London are often surprised at the amount of green, open space in it. It would be an exaggeration to suggest taking a country walk in London but it is easy to get away from the streets and to find open parkland in Inner London. Much of the parkland was originally preserved by the kings of England for their sport of hunting. These parks are still called “Royal Parks” but they are now open to the public. People walk and go horse-riding in Hyde Park. There is boating and swimming in the lake called the serpentine. And everywhere there are seats and deckchairs to sit on.
St James Park, Green Park, Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are linked together. They form 313 hectares of open parkland in the heart of London.
Entrance to the parks is free and you may walk on the grass and lie down to rest on it – weather permitting.
Câu 36: Some parks are still called “Royal Parks” because __________
A. the members of the Royal Family take care of them.
B. they used to be preserved for the kings’ hunting.
C. people often see the members of the Royal Family there
D. they still belong to the Royal Family.
Câu 37: Which of the following is NOT true ?
A. The parks in London are open to everyone.
B. You don’t have to pay for entrance to the parks.
C. People cannot sit or lie on the grass in the parks.
D. People can ride horses in Hyde Park.
Câu 38: Which of these parks is not connected to the others ?
A. Hyde Park B. Kensington Gardens C. Green Park D. Regent’s Park
Câu 39: Which of the following is NOT allowed at the Serpentine ?
A. dumping of waste B. sightseeing C. rowing D. swimming
Câu 40: Most of the important parks are situated__________
A. on the outskirts of London B. in the centre of London
C. far from London D. outside London
Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from the others.
1. a. incredible b. biologist c. vulnerable d. eliminate
2. a. sociable b. spinifex c. reunite d. habitat
3. a. epidemic b. Initiate c. hesitation d. integration
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
4. a. bathe b. bath c. cloth d. both
5. a. problem b. popular c. convenient d. Rod
Choose the most suitable option to complete the sentence.
6. “Thank you very much for your lift” – “ ____________!”
a. That was all I could do b. I see
c. Delighted I was able to help d. Thank you
7. “What would you do in my situation?” – “___________!”
a. I think you should ask for a loan from the bank
b. I thought you would ask for a loan from the bank
c. I believe I will ask for a loan from the bank
d. I am going to ask for a loan from the bank
8. Was the man accused _________ stealing three million dollars _________ the bank?
a. to / at b. in / in c. off / into d. of / from
9. Do not blame me _____ the failure of the whole team. We are all responsible _____ it.
a. on / with b. for / for c. with / to d. to / for
10. “How fast was the car traveling?” “About 50 _________”
a. kilometers per hour b. kilometers per hours
c. kilometer per hour d. kilometers per hours
11. “Do you mind if we schedule the meeting for 11 o’clock?” “Well, actually, I _______ earlier”
a. should prefer it will be b. am preferring it to be
c. will prefer it d. would prefer it to be
12. “I saw you studying at the library last night.” “You __________; I wasn’t there.”
a. wouldn’t have b. couldn’t have c. might have d. have
13. “What’s that thing?” “A fax. It’s a machine by which ________ over the telephone line.”
a. written messages can be sent b. written messages can send them
c. can send written messages d. can be sent written messages
14. I _________ with my aunt when I go to Mexico next summer.
a. stay b. staying c. will be staying d. will have been staying
15. ________ Albert is late, let’s begin without him.
a. Since b. Nevertheless c. However d. Consequently
16. The area is famous for its __________ gardens, where all kinds of different vegetables are grown.
a. market b. hothouse c. trade d. greenhouse
17. Each mediocre book we read means one less great book that we would otherwise have a chance _____________.
a. to read them b. read c. reading d. to read
18. Using a globe can be ___________ it is educational.
a. enjoyable b. to enjoy as c. as enjoyable d. as enjoyable as
19. The growth of two-income families in the United States ___________ of people moving to a new social class.
a. has resulted in million b. results of millions
c. millions of results d. resulting in millions
20. It started to rain hard, ___________ we decided to stay at home to watch TV.
a. but b. therefore c. so d. however
21. Australia is ___________ in the southern hemisphere. It is the driest country on earth and is the only country which ____________ an entire continent.
a. covered / locating b. covering / located
c. located / covers d. locating / covered
22. I should be most grateful if you would give me a ____________ of this new typewriter.
a. demonstration b. display c. showing d. manifestation
23. Captain Scott found that Amundsen ___________ the South pole before him.
a. reached b. had reached c. was reaching d. has reached
24. It is _________ to write by hand instead of using a computer.
a. efficient b. efficiently c. inefficiently d. inefficient
25. Clean air provides us __________ of oxygen.
a. of a wealthy supply b. with a healthy supply
c. at a healthy provision d. on a healthful stock
Identify the words / phrases that need correcting to make perfect sentences.
26. The sculptor (A) John Rogers produced many replicas (B) of his (C) bronze statues (D).
27. An extended family consists not only (A) of parents and children (B) but also ofothers bỏ s (C) relatives, such as grandparents and unmarried (D).
28. The case with which (A) houseplants can grow (B) causes them to be (C) popular between (D) amateur horticulturists.
29. Paintings of a religious, ceremonial, or history (A) character tend (B) to elevate their (C) subjects above the level of ordinary (D) existence.
30. For at least (A) 4,000 years, Native American artists adorned rocks, cliff walls, and caves (B) in the American Southwest with an amazing various (C) of symbolic figures (D).
Sửa lần cuối bởi lat ku : 26-02-2011 lúc 10:36 AM
Lý do: 58rty
31. My mother suggests ______________.
a. go to the countryside this weekend
b. going to the countryside this weekend
c. to go to the countryside this weekend
d. being gone to the countryside this weekend
32. “Most members showed no determination of doing the plan well” means ____________.
a. Most members are not determined to do the plan well
b. Most members are not determined of doing the plan well
c. Most members were not determined to do the plan well
d. Most members were not determined of doing the plan well
33. Excuse me, there is something about ____________ immediately.
a. that I must speak to you b. that I must speak to you about
c. which I must speak to you d. which I must speak to you a bout it
34. Where’s Polly? – She ______________.
a. is in her room studying b. in her room is studying
c. studies in her room d. has in her room studied
35. It is Helen _____________ by Harvard.
a. who offered the scholarship b. that has been offered the scholarship
c. whose offer is a scholarship d. who has offered the scholarship
Choose the sentence that has the same meaning as the given one.
36. “A baby has no knowledge of the difference between good and evil” means ____________.
a. No knowledge of the difference between god and evil has in a baby.
b. A baby doesn’t know the difference between good and evil.
c. A baby know no difference between good and evil.
d. Good and evil are different from a baby.
37. The south of England is drier than the north.
a. There is not as much rain in the south of England as there is in the north.
b. There’s not much rain in the south of England but there’s much rain in the north.
c. There is more rain in the south of England than in the north.
d. There is not enough rain in the south of England as there is in the north.
38. It has been a long time since they met.
a. They didn’t meet for a long time. b. They haven’t met for a long time.
c. They haven’t met since a long time d. They didn’t meet a long time ago.
39. We didn’t expect you, but we’re glad you’ve come.
a. Although we didn’t expect you, we’re glad you’ve come.
b. Although you’ve come, we’re glad we didn’t expect you.
c. Although we’re glad, we didn’t expect you to come.
d. Although we’re glad we didn’t expect you, you have come.
40. It’s such a long letter that I won’t read it to you.
a. The letter is so long that I won’t read it to you.
b. The letter is too long for you to read.
c. This is a long letter so that I won’t read it to you.
d. The letter is a long one that I won’t read it to you.
Choose the most suitable option to complete the passage.
Getting friends and family to pose for photos is hard enough, but how would you cope with a rabbit, an owl or a butterfly that simply (41) _________ to keep still? Simon King, wildlife film-maker and photographer, says you don’t need any formal (42) _________ to get started. “The whole idea is that photographing wildlife should be fun”. Simon offers the following (43)_____________.
Specialize from the start. You’re more likely to get good result sooner if you (44) ___________ on the type of wildlife – insects for instance – (45) __________ than just going off to the woods or park with your camera and snapping whatever you see. Pick something that isn’t hard to photograph. Choosing an animal that’s hard to (46) __________ or will run away if it sees you (47) __________ unnecessary problems. How about flowers or a group of birds?
Search second-hand camera shops and local papers for quality (48 ) __________. You don’t need to (49) ____________ a fortune – Simon started with just a second-hand camera that cost around $30. But you will need a single lens reflex camera. Remember it’s the whole photograph that counts, nor just the subject. (50) _________ you’re composing a picture and try to be as artistic as possible.
41. a. disobeys b. dislikes c. refuses d. avoids
42. a. training b. education c. exercise d. lecture
43. a. lessons b. facts c. warnings d. tips
44. a. think b. concentrate c. limit d. depend
45. a. more b. other c. better d. rather
46. a. spot b. notice c. meet d. glance
47. a. creates b. starts c. puts d. leads
48. a. instruments b. equipment c. material d. tools
49. a. cost b. make c. spend d. lose
50. a. think b. guess c. invent d. imagine
Sửa lần cuối bởi lat ku : 26-02-2011 lúc 10:38 AM
Thành viên sau cám ơn lat ku vì bài viết hữu ích
Đề tài tương tự
By biladenhoho in forum 3. Thắc mắc và giải đáp
Bài cuối: 05-07-2011, 07:19 PM
By dinhlanh in forum Thông tin học bổng
Bài cuối: 10-05-2011, 12:45 PM
By tranminhthính995 in forum Chương trình tiếng Anh cơ bản
Bài cuối: 26-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Lớp học tiếng Anh chất lượng cao tại Hà Nội
luyện thi toeic,
luyen thi toeic, sách luyện thi toeic,
luyện thi toeic online miễn phí,
trung tâm luyện thi toeic,
tài liệu luyện thi toeic miễn phí, luyện thi toeic ở
đâu, trung tam tieng anh uy tin tai ha noi,
hoc tieng anh mien phi,
trung tâm tiếng anh, trung tam tieng anh,
trung tâm ngoại ngữ, trung
tam ngoai ngu, học tiếng anh,
hoc tieng anh, dạy tiếng anh,
dạy tiếng anh uy tín, trung
tâm tiếng anh uy tín, tiếng Anh giao tiếp,
tieng Anh giao tiep, Tieng
Anh Giao tiep online, Tieng Anh Giao tiep truc tuyen,
Tiếng Anh Giao tiếp online,
Tiếng Anh Giao tiếp trực tuyến, học tiếng Anh Giao