Tham gia ngy
    Oct 2006
    Nơi cư ngụ
    HCM City
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 3,887 lần

Arrow Unit 12 (Answers p10)

Happy New Year ^^ May this year bring many opportunities your way to explore every joy of life and may your resolutions (Do u have any? Tell me or u can read mine, <see my signature below> it's fun ^^) for the days ahead stay firm, turning all your dreams into reality and all your efforts into great achievements.

And this is our task for the first week of 2007:

War in Iraq Voted Top News Story of 2006

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English.

Each year, the ...(1) and news directors of the Associated ...(2) choose what they ...(3) the top ten news stories of the year.

They ...(4) the war in Iraq as the number one news story this year. Two thousand six was a difficult year in Iraq with...(5), ...(6) between religious groups, and many ...(7) deaths. Thousands of ...(8) have been killed. Almost three thousand members of the ...(9) have been killed since the war began in two thousand three. Iraq's ...(10) officials ...(11) to keep control of the country.

The ...(12) elections in the United States November seventh was ...(13) of the AP's top news stories for this year. Many Americans ...(14) to express their unhappiness with the situation in Iraq.

The ... (15) gained a ...(16) in both the House of ...(17) and the...(18). As a result, Nancy Pelosi of California will become the first woman to ...(19) of the House.

These were ...(20) the year. The United States and its ...(21) worked unsuccessfully to ...(22) nuclear programs in North Korea and Iran. North Korea ...(23) a nuclear weapon in October. And Iran ...(24) with plans to bring its first nuclear center ...(25) by the end of next year.

In Washington, the United States Congress tried to deal with the problem of ...(26) from Latin America. But ...(27) prevented Congress from ...(28) legislation. ...(29) of rights for immigrants ...(30) several...(31).

Also in Washington, several ...(32) from the ...(33) Party were ...(34) cases of...(35). One was former House ...(36) Tom DeLay who resigned after ...(37) campaign finance...(38). Another was ...(39) Mark Foley. He resigned after he was found to have sent ...(40) to ...(41) working for Congress.

Another top story was former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein being ...(42) of ...(43) the killing of one hundred forty eight Shi'ite...(44). He was ...(45) to death by...(46).

In the Middle East, Israel and the ...(47) Hezbollah ...(48) fought a ...(49) during the summer. More than nine hundred people were killed. Much of southern Lebanon was ...(50) damaged.

American ...(51) Secretary Donald Rumsfeld resigned one day after the ...(52) midterm elections. Robert Gates was ...(53) the new defense secretary.

In August, officials in Britain said they ...(54) a terrorist ...(55) to bomb several ...(56) over the Atlantic Ocean. This led to new ...(57) on what passengers can carry on planes.

And...(58), violence ...(59) in the country's Darfur area. Fighting between ...(60) and government forces has killed more than two hundred thousand people.

IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English, was written by Brianna Blake. Our reports can be found on our Web site, voaspecialenglish.com. I’m Steve Ember.

P/s. V&#236; c&#243; nhiều bạn mới n&#234;n Maroon phải nhắc lại 1 ch&#250;t. C&#225;c bạn download b&#224;i nghe về, điền v&#224;o những chỗ c&#242;n trống trong b&#224;i ở tr&#234;n sau đ&#243; lại post c&#226;u trả lời của m&#236;nh = c&#225;ch click v&#224;o &#244; Post Reply. C&#225;c bạn nhớ in ĐẬM từ c&#242;n thiếu, hoặc c&#243; thể chỉ cần liệt k&#234; theo thứ tự, để Maroon dễ kiểm tra. Bạn n&#224;o chưa l&#224;m đ&#250;ng vui l&#242;ng v&#224;o sửa lại = c&#225;ch click v&#224;o &#244; Edit để sửa ^^

Đ&#225;p &#225;n
    Sửa l̀n cúi bởi Maroon_Opal : 28-01-2007 lúc 09:25 AM

Facebook Group Học tiếng Anh MIỄN PH

2. Thnh vin sau cm ơn Maroon_Opal v bi viết hữu ch

Sweet_lovely_0612 (27-04-2009)

Tham gia ngy
    Dec 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Smile Thac mac can giup do

Cac ban oi!
    Lam cach nao kiem tra de biet la bai cua minh da goi di den " lop luyen nghe co Tra Mi"? Ban nao xin chi giup. Cam on

Lich khai giang TOEIC Academy

Tham gia ngy
    Jan 2007
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định

I'm a new member, Maroon_Opal is a nice teacher. I will try the test as soon as I cạn

Thi thử TOEIC MIỄN PH

Thi thử TOEIC tại TOEIC Academy

Thi thử như thi thật, đề thi st đề thật

n thi TOEIC miễn ph

www.OnThiTOEIC.vn

n thi TOEIC trực tuyến miễn ph với TOEIC Academy

Tham gia ngy
    Jan 2007
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 1 lần

Mặc định

C&#244; ơi, zậy l&#224; con trả lời đc oi` phải ko c&#244;?

Học tiếng Anh chất lượng cao

Lớp học OFFLINE của TiengAnh.com.vn

Ngữ php, Ngữ m, Giao tiếp, Luyện thi TOEIC

English to Vietnamese translation

Tham gia ngy
    Dec 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định

hi everybody! i'm a new student in the class of maroon opal! i hope i'll be helped here. thk u very much! oh! i forgot to introduce myself! i'm Thuong ( Thương),i'm fifteen yrs old. I'm not bad at E but my vocabulary is very poor and my listening is quite bad. So i need to improve my E some skills such as listening and read

Tham gia ngy
    Dec 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định

cảm ơn p&#224; kon!!!!!!!!

Tham gia ngy
    Nov 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định happy new year !

i'm a newcomer.em rất mong được sự gip đỡ của c & cc bạn .zay bi tap nghe tuần nay dy ,c

Tham gia ngy
    Jan 2007
    Nơi cư ngụ
    NEU-HN
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Smile Dear teacher, I hand in the exercise!

1. editors
    2. press
    3. believe at
    4. choose
    5. increasing violence
    7. survidience
    8. Iraqi
    9. American Military
    10. Elected
    11. struggle
    12. midterm
    13. next on the list
    14. voted
    15. democratic party
    16. majority of seats
    17. Representatives
    18. sentes
    19. serve theit speakers
    20. top news stories of
    21 airlines
    22 hold
    23 tested
    24 moved forward
    25 into operation
    26 illegal irglition
    27 Deep Devision
    28 approving
    29 supporters
    30 held
    31 demonstrations
    32 congressment
    33 Republican
    34 involved in
    35 rondery( not sure)
    36 Majority Leader
    37 being in charge with
    38 crimes
    39 formal representative
    40 secture messages
    41 male students
    42 found guilty
    43 ordering
    44 Musselen(not sure)
    45 sentenced
    46 hanging
    49 month-long war
    50 servercely
    51 Defence
    52 nations
    53 approved at
    54 have prevented
    55 blood
    56 passenger plane
    57 restriction
    58 in Surban
    60 rabels(not sure)

Here's the 1st time I do the listening test. Thanks for checking my mistakes, teacher.

Tham gia ngy
    Oct 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định

Em tra bai cho co day a tra thay co cho em vao danh sach lop gi ca chan qua

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English.

Each year, the editors(1) and news directors of the Associated press(2) choose what they believe(3) the top ten news stories of the year.

They chose(4) the war in Iraq as the number one news story this year. Two thousand six was a difficult year in Iraq with increasing violence(5), ...(6) between religious groups, and many civilian(7) deaths. Thousands of Irakis(8) have been killed. Almost three thousand members of the American militaries(9) have been killed since the war began in two thousand three. Iraq's elected(10) officials struggle(11) to keep control of the country.

The midterm(12) elections in the United States November seventh was next on the list(13) of the AP's top news stories for this year. Many Americans voted(14) to express their unhappiness with the situation in Iraq.

The democratic party(15) gained a majority of seats(16) in both the House of representatives(17) and the Senate(18). As a result, Nancy Pelosi of California will become the first woman to serve as speaker(19) of the House.

These were these other top of new stories(20) the year. The United States and its ...(21) worked unsuccessfully to hold(22) nuclear programs in North Korea and Iran. North Korea tested(23) a nuclear weapon in October. And Iran moved forward(24) with plans to bring its first nuclear center into operation(25) by the end of next year.

In Washington, the United States Congress tried to deal with the problem of illegal immigration(26) from Latin America. But deep divisions(27) prevented Congress from approving(28) legislation. Supporter(29) of rights for immigrants held(30) several demonstrations(31).

Also in Washington, several congressman(32) from the Republican Party(33) Party were invovled in(34) cases of rolling doing(35). One was former House majority leader(36) Tom DeLay who resigned after being charged with(37) campaign finance crimes(38). Another was former representative(39) Mark Foley. He resigned after he was found to have sent sexual messengers(40) to mail students(41) working for Congress.

Another top story was former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein being found guilty(42) of odering(43) the killing of one hundred forty eight Shi'ite Muslims(44). He was sentenced(45) to death by hanging(46).

In the Middle East, Israel and the ...(47) Hezbollah ...(48) fought a month long war(49) during the summer. More than nine hundred people were killed. Much of southern Lebanon was severely(50) damaged.

American defence(51) Secretary Donald Rumsfeld resigned one day after the nation(52) midterm elections. Robert Gates was approved as(53) the new defense secretary.

In August, officials in Britain said they had prevented(54) a terrorist block(55) to bomb several passenger planes(56) over the Atlantic Ocean. This led to new restriction(57) on what passengers can carry on planes.

And in Sudan(58), violence ...(59) in the country's Darfur area. Fighting between rabbles(60) and government forces has killed more than two hundred thousand people.

IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English, was written by Brianna Blake. Our reports can be found on our Web site, voaspecialenglish.com. Im Steve Ember.

Tham gia ngy
    Oct 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định

Hi hi hy vong bai nay se dat diem cao !!!!!!!

Trang 1 / 16 123411 ... CuốiCuối

Đ̀ tài tương tự

1. unit 74 (Answers p2)
    By Maroon_Opal in forum Special English - Weekly Exercise
    Trả lời: 21
    Bi cuối: 08-12-2008, 09:52 PM
  2. unit 73 (Answers p2)
    Trả lời: 25
    Bi cuối: 06-11-2008, 11:35 PM
  3. Unit 41 (Answers p4)