Oct 2006
    Nơi cư ngụ
    HCM City
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 3,889 lần

Arrow Unit 11 (Answers p5)

A new Tuesday has come ^^

I was thinking of giving you a test after 10 units. Unfortunately (or maybe luckily), it is the end of the year and it's not a good time for a test.

I know, no one is in the mood for brainstorming hah, ^^ including me ^^ So, we continue with our weekly listening task, ok?

In this unit, we'll learn some expressions used when you want to talk about your health. It's very useful ^^

Medical Terms: Doctors Give Me a Clean Bill of Health

Now, the VOA Special English program,...(1).

Many ...(2) have their own words and ...(3). This is true for the ...(4). Doctors use many ...(5) that most people do not understand. But there are also expressions we use every day to tell about a...(6). Let me explain.

...(7), I was not feeling well. I was...(8). I thought I had...(9). I had a...(10), ...(11) eyes, a ...(12) and a...(13). I felt tired and...(14). I was in poor condition because I had not been...(15).

My body ...(16) all over. I also had ...(17) head pains -- a real...(18). And I was...(19). My ...(20) was higher than normal.

At one point, I...(21). That’s right, I was...(22). I ...(23) and my friend had to bring me around. He used cold water on my face to ...(24) my consciousness.

I ...(25) that I might take...(26). I did not want to become ...(27) because then ...(28) I would be...(29).

My friend took me to the doctor. I told the doctor I thought I had...(30). When the doctor ...(31) me, she immediately wanted to...(32). She said that medical tests would help her ...(33) why I was sick. The doctor also asked when I had my...(34). I do not get yearly...(35). But I probably should get a medical exam by a doctor every year.

Then the nurse...(36). She used a ...(37) to take a small amount of blood from...(38). She sent it to a laboratory for tests. The nurse also...(39). She used a ...(40) to measure my body temperature.

The doctor told me I had...(41), or...(42). But she told me I would recover...(43). She said I was ...(44) of the disease. She told me to ...(45) and to ...(46) other people because the flu can spread. It is...(47).

Thankfully, I did not have to...(48). I did not need an operation. Instead, I did...(49). I went home and did exactly what was needed to become ...(50) again. Soon, I was...(51). I was ...(52) and ...(53) from my sickness.

Now, I am...(54). I am ...(55) healthy again. Even better, the doctor has given me a...(56). She says that I am one-hundred percent...(57). I am back to normal and I feel...(58). In fact, I...(59). My friends say I now look like the ...(60) health.

(MUSIC)

This VOA Special English program, WORDS AND THEIR STORIES, was written by Jill Moss. I’m Faith Lapidus.

download here
    or here

Đáp án
    Sửa l̀n cúi bởi Maroon_Opal : 28-01-2007 lúc 09:27 AM

Lich khai giang TOEIC Academy

2. 5 thnh vin cm ơn Maroon_Opal v bi viết hữu ch

Đặng Thy Trang (20-08-2011),chn (28-11-2010),haihabo (07-09-2007),leducthin (23-05-2007),thuymaidong (06-11-2007)

Tham gia ngy
    Dec 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 2 lần trong 1 bi viết

Mặc định cho em nộp bi c maroon uiiiiiiiii!

1)WORDS AND THEIR STORIES
    2)professions
    3)expressions
    4)medical professions
    5)tagmeme terms
    6)persons health
    7)Last month
    8)under the weather
    9)caught a cold
    10)runny nose
    11)itchy eyes
    12)sore throat
    13)goaf
    14)rundown
    15)getting enough rest
    16)hurt
    17)
    18)bushed headache
    19)running a fever
    20)body temperature
    21)lack out
    22)out cold
    23)lost consciousness
    24)retore
    25)gruel concern
    26)a terms for the work
    27)sicker
    28)surely
    29)
    30)comedown with the cold
    31)shows me
    32)runs some test
    33)discovered
    34)last physical
    35)check up
    36)drew my blood
    37)needle
    38)arm
    39)took my temperature
    40)thermometer
    41)influenza
    42)the flu
    43)soon
    44)over the work
    45)rest at home
    46)stay away
    47)
    48)go under the night
    49)
    50)healthy
    51)
    52)
    53)recovering
    54)back on my feet
    55)physically
    56)clean bill of health
    57)
    58)great
    59)feel on top of the world
    60)picture of
    C ui bi ny kh qu nghe mi mới ra! Cn mấy từ em nghe mn mn tai lun ri m vẫn chẳng được hix C sửa gim em vơi....em thanks c trước nha!
    Sửa l̀n cúi bởi de_con_hoc_tienganh2812 : 26-12-2006 lúc 11:14 AM

Học từ vựng

Tham gia ngy
    Nov 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định nộp bi 11

cho em nop bai 11
    Đa tạ teacher,lớp trưởng, lớp ph hay một người no đ tốt bụng sửa bi gim tenni
    1. words and their stories
    2. profession
    3. expression
    4. medical profession
    5. technical terms
    6. person health
    7. last month
    8. under the weather
    9. caught a cold
    10. runny nose
    11. ..eyes
    12. sore throat
    13. cough
    14. rrun down
    15. getting enough rest
    16. hurt
    17. -
    18. bleeding headache
    19. running fever
    20. body temperature
    21. ...out
    22. out cold
    23. lost consciousness
    24. restore
    25. would concern
    26. a turn
    27. sicker
    28. surely
    29. at death door
    30. come down
    31. saw
    32. run some tests
    33. discover
    34. last physical
    35. check up
    36. drew my blood
    37. needle
    38. my arm
    39. took my temperature
    40. thermometer
    41. influenza
    42. the flu
    43. soon
    44. over the worst
    45. rest at home
    46. stay away from
    47. contagious
    48. go under the night
    49. just what the doctor ordered
    50. healthy
    51. -
    52. -
    53. recovering
    54. back on my fit
    55. physically
    56. clean bill of heath
    57. killer
    58. great
    59. feel on top of the world
    60. picture

Thi thử TOEIC MIỄN PH

Thi thử TOEIC tại TOEIC Academy

Thi thử như thi thật, đề thi st đề thật

n thi TOEIC miễn ph

www.OnThiTOEIC.vn

n thi TOEIC trực tuyến miễn ph với TOEIC Academy

Tham gia ngy
    Nov 2006
    Nơi cư ngụ
    tphcm
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định Sao bai nghe ki nay kho thiet,co may tu nghe chang duoc

1)words and their stories
    2)profesion
    3)expression
    4)medical profession
    5)tagmedical terms
    6)person health
    7)Last month
    8)under the weather
    9)caught of cold
    10)runny nose
    11)itchy eyes
    12)sore throat
    13)goaf
    14)rundown
    15)getting enough rest
    16)hurt
    17)
    18) headache
    19)running a fever
    20)body temperature
    21)lack out
    22)out cold
    23)lost consciousness
    24)restore
    25)gruel concern
    26)a term for the work
    27)sicker
    28)surely
    29)at that door
    30)comedown with the cold
    31)saw
    32)run some test
    33)discovered
    34)last physical
    35)check up
    36) drew my blood
    37)needle
    38)my arm
    39)took my temperature
    40)thermometer
    41)influenza
    42)the flu
    43)silk
    44)over the work
    45)rest at home
    46)stay away from
    47)
    48)go under the night
    49)just what the doctor order
    50)healthy
    51)on the man
    52)
    53)recovering
    54)back on my feet
    55)physically
    56)clean bill health
    57)
    58)great
    59)feel on top of the world
    60)picture of

Facebook Group Học tiếng Anh MIỄN PH

Tham gia ngy
    Aug 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định

Now, the VOA Special English program, words and their stories...(1).

Many professions...(2) have their own words and expressions...(3). This is true for the medical profession...(4). Doctors use many terms...(5) that most people do not understand. But there are also expressions we use every day to tell about a personal health...(6). Let me explain.

Last month...(7), I was not feeling well. I was under the weather...(8). I thought I had cough a cold...(9). I had a runny nose...(10), itchy...(11) eyes, a sorethroat...(12) and a cough...(13). I felt tired and run down...(14). I was in poor condition because I had not been getting...(15).

My body hurts...(16) all over. I also had ...(17) head pains -- a real spoor headache...(18). And I was running a fever...(19). My body temperature...(20) was higher than normal.

At one point, I black out...(21). That’s right, I was out cold...(22). I lost consciousness...(23) and my friend had to bring me around. He used cold water on my face to restore...(24) my consciousness.

I ...(25) that I might take a turn for the work...(26). I did not want to become sicker...(27) because then surely...(28) I would be ...(29).

My friend took me to the doctor. I told the doctor I thought I had come down with the cold...(30). When the doctor saw...(31) me, she immediately wanted to run some tests...(32). She said that medical tests would help her discover...(33) why I was sick. The doctor also asked when I had my last ficsical...(34). I do not get yearly check-up...(35). But I probably should get a medical exam by a doctor every year.

Then the nurse drove my blood...(36). She used a needle...(37) to take a small amount of blood from my aim...(38). She sent it to a laboratory for tests. The nurse also took may temperature...(39). She used a thermometer...(40) to measure my body temperature.

The doctor told me I had influenza...(41), or the flu...(42). But she told me I would recover soon...(43). She said I was over the work...(44) of the disease. She told me to rest at home...(45) and to stay away from...(46) other people because the flu can spread. It is contatus...(47).

Thankfully, I did not have to go under the life...(48). I did not need an operation. Instead, I did just what the doctor ordered...(49). I went home and did exactly what was needed to become healthy...(50) again. Soon, I was on the man...(51). I was poling through...(52) and recovering...(53) from my sickness.

Now, I am back on my fit...(54). I am physically...(55) healthy again. Even better, the doctor has given me a clean bill of health...(56). She says that I am one-hundred percent cure...(57). I am back to normal and I feel great...(58). In fact, I feel I am top of the world...(59). My friends say I now look like the picture of...(60) health.

(MUSIC)

This VOA Special English program, WORDS AND THEIR STORIES, was written by Jill Moss. I’m Faith Lapidus.

Thank the teacher for checking my answers.

Học tiếng Anh chất lượng cao

Lớp học OFFLINE của TiengAnh.com.vn

Ngữ php, Ngữ m, Giao tiếp, Luyện thi TOEIC

English to Vietnamese translation

Tham gia ngy
    Nov 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 2 lần

Mặc định

I hand in the task, teacher

Now, the VOA Special English program, WORDS AND THEIR STORIES(1).

Many professions(2) have their own words and expressions(3). This is true for the medical profession(4). Doctors use many technical terms(5) that most people do not understand. But there are also expressions we use every day to tell about a person health(6). Let me explain.

Last month(7), I was not feeling well. I was under the weather(8). I thought I had caught a cold(9). I had a running nose(10), itchy (11) eyes, a sore throat(12) and a cough(13). I felt tired and run down(14). I was in poor condition because I had not been getting enough rest(15).

My body hurt(16) all over. I also had severe (17) head pains -- a real spliting headache(18). And I was running of fever(19). My temperature(20) was higher than normal.

At one point, I black out(21). That’s right, I was out cold(22). I lost consciousness(23) and my friend had to bring me around. He used cold water on my face to restore(24) my consciousness.

I grew concern(25) that I might take a turn for the worse(26). I did not want to become sicker(27) because then surely(28) I would be at the death's door(29).

My friend took me to the doctor. I told the doctor I thought I had come down with a cold(30). When the doctor saw(31) me, she immediately wanted to run some tests(32). She said that medical tests would help her discover(33) why I was sick. The doctor also asked when I had my last physical (34). I do not get yearly check up(35). But I probably should get a medical exam by a doctor every year.

Then the nurse drew my blood(36). She used a needle(37) to take a small amount of blood from my arm(38). She sent it to a laboratory for tests. The nurse also took my temperature(39). She used a thermometer(40) to measure my body temperature.

The doctor told me I had influenza (41), or the flu(42). But she told me I would recover soon(43). She said I was over the worse(44) of the disease. She told me to rest at home(45) and to stay away from(46) other people because the flu can spread. It is contagious(47).

Thankfully, I did not have to go under the knife(48). I did not need an operation. Instead, I did just with doctor's order(49). I went home and did exactly what was needed to become healthy (50) again. Soon, I was on the man(51). I was (52) and recovering(53) from my sickness.

Now, I am back on my fit(54). I am physically(55) healthy again. Even better, the doctor has given me a clean bill of heath(56). She says that I am one-hundred percent cured(57). I am back to normal and I feel great (58). In fact, I feel on top of the world(59). My friends say I now look like the picture of (60) health.

(MUSIC)

download here
    or here[/QUOTE]
    Sửa l̀n cúi bởi Vu Anh Thu : 26-12-2006 lúc 02:46 PM

Lich khai giang TOEIC Academy

Tham gia ngy
    Sep 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 26 lần trong 1 bi viết

Mặc định Unit 11

Dear My teacher,

I am really sorry for not have enough time to do exercises regularly. Please check and correct this lession for me. Thank you in advance.

Now, the VOA Special English program,WORDS AND THEIR STORIES(1).

Many professions(2) have their own words and expressions(3). This is true for the medical professions(4). Doctors use many techincal terms(5) that most people do not understand. But there are also expressions we use every day to tell about a person health(6). Let me explain.

Last month(7), I was not feeling well. I was under the weather(8). I thought I had cough or cold(9). I had a runny nose (10), ...(11) eyes, a sore throat(12) and a cough(13). I felt tired and run-down(14). I was in poor condition because I had not been getting enough dress(15).

My body hurt(16) all over. I also had surive.(17) head pains -- a real splitting headache(18). And I was running a fever(19). My body temperature(20) was higher than normal.

At one point, I black-out(21). Thats right, I was out cough(22). I lost consciousness(23) and my friend had to bring me around. He used cold water on my face to restore(24) my consciousness.

I.. concern(25) that I might take a turn for the worst (26). I did not want to become sicker(27) because then surely(28) I would be as deathstore(29).

My friend took me to the doctor. I told the doctor I thought I had comedown with the cough(30). When the doctor saw(31) me, she immediately wanted to run some tests(32). She said that medical tests would help her discovered(33) why I was sick. The doctor also asked when I had my last physical(34). I do not get yearly check-up(35). But I probably should get a medical exam by a doctor every year.

Then the nurse drew my blood(36). She used a needle(37) to take a small amount of blood from my arm(38). She sent it to a laboratory for tests. The nurse also took my temperature(39). She used a thermometer(40) to measure my body temperature.

The doctor told me I had influenze(41), or flu(42). But she told me I would recover soon(43). She said I was over the worst(44) of the disease. She told me to rest at home(45) and to stay away from(46) other people because the flu can spread. It is contagious(47).

Thankfully, I did not have to go under the knife(48). I did not need an operation. Instead, I did just what the doctor order(49). I went home and did exactly what was needed to become healthy(50) again. Soon, I was on the man(51). I was poling through(52) and recovering(53) from my sickness.

Now, I am back come my feet(54). I am physically(55) healthy again. Even better, the doctor has given me a clean bill of health(56). She says that I am one-hundred percent cure (57). I am back to normal and I feel great(58). In fact, I feel I am top of the world(59). My friends say I now look like the picture of (60) health.

(MUSIC)

This VOA Special English program, WORDS AND THEIR STORIES, was written by Jill Moss. Im Faith Lapidus.

Tham gia ngy
    Nov 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định

Now, the VOA Special English program,.was and their story..(1).

Many .professions..(2) have their own words and .expressions..(3). This is true for the merical..profession.(4). Doctors use many .technical terms..(5) that most people do not understand. But there are also expressions we use every day to tell about a...(6). Let me explain.

...last month(7), I was not feeling well. I was...under the weather(8). I thought I had..cough a cold9). I had a..runny .(10), ...(11) eyes, a sorethrow...(12) and a...(13). I felt tired and run down...(14). I was in poor condition because I had not been...(15).

My body hurt...(16) all over. I also had ...(17) head pains -- a real...(18). And I was...running a fever(19). My body temperture ...(20) was higher than normal.

At one point, I...(21). That’s right, I was[B]out cold[/B(22). I lost ...(23) and my friend had to bring me around. He used cold water on my face to restore...(24) my consciousness.

I ...(25) that I might take...(26). I did not want to become ...(27) because then ..surely.(28) I would be...(29).

My friend took me to the doctor. I told the doctor I thought I had..come down.with a cold(30). When the doctor saw ...(31) me, she immediately wanted to run some tests...(32). She said that medical tests would help her discover ...(33) why I was sick. The doctor also asked when I had my.last physical..(34). I do not get yearly...(35). But I probably should get a medical exam by a doctor every year.

Then the nurse drue my blood...(36). She used a niddle ...(37) to take a small amount of blood from arm...(38). She sent it to a laboratory for tests. The nurse also.took my temperature..(39). She used a ...(40) to measure my body temperature.

The doctor told me I had...(41), or.the flu..(42). But she told me I would recover.soon..(43). She said I was .the worse..(44) of the disease. She told me to .rest at home..(45) and to stay away..from.(46) other people because the flu can spread. It is...(47).

Thankfully, I did not have to.go under the night..(48). I did not need an operation. Instead, I did...(49). I went home and did exactly what was needed to become ...(50) again. Soon, I was...(51). I was ...(52) and .recorvering..(53) from my sickness.

Now, I am...(54). I am ...(55) healthy again. Even better, the doctor has given me a.clean.bill a health.(56). She says that I am one-hundred percent...(57). I am back to normal and I feel.great..(58). In fact, I..feel on top of the world .(59). My friends say I now look like the .picture..(60) health.

(MUSIC)

This VOA Special English program, WORDS AND THEIR STORIES, was written by Jill Moss. I’m Faith Lapidus
    Hix…hix khó wé khó wé, toàn từ mới không ah
    Sửa l̀n cúi bởi Alex pd : 26-12-2006 lúc 04:13 PM

Tham gia ngy
    Dec 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 1 lần

Mặc định

Now, the VOA Special English program,.words and the stories..(1).

Many .professions..(2) have their own words and .expressions..(3). This is true for the .medical professions..(4). Doctors use many ..technical terms.(5) that most people do not understand. But there are also expressions we use every day to tell about a..person’s heath.(6). Let me explain.

..Last month.(7), I was not feeling well. I was...under the weather(8). I thought I had..caught a cold.(9). I had a.runny nose..(10), ..itchy.(11) eyes, a ..sore throat.(12) and a cough. I felt tired and. run down.(14). I was in poor condition because I had not been..getting enough rest.(15).

My body ...hurt(16) all over. I also had ...servere(17) head pains -- a real..spliting headache.(18). And I was.running a fever..(19). My ..body temperature.(20) was higher than normal.

At one point, I..blacked out.(21). That’s right, I was...out cold (22). I ..lost consciousness .(23) and my friend had to bring me around. He used cold water on my face to ..restore.(24) my consciousness.

I grew concern.(25) that I might take.a turn for the worst..(26). I did not want to become ..sicker.(27) because then .surely..(28) I would be.at death’s door..(29).

My friend took me to the doctor. I told the doctor I thought I had...come down with the cold(30). When the doctor ..saw.(31) me, she immediately wanted to..run some tests.(32). She said that medical tests would help her ..discorver.(33) why I was sick. The doctor also asked when I had my..last physical.(34). I do not get yearly.check-ups..(35). But I probably should get a medical exam by a doctor every year.

Then the nurse..drew my blood.(36). She used a ..needle.(37) to take a small amount of blood from..my arm.(38). She sent it to a laboratory for tests. The nurse also..took my temperature.(39). She used a ..thermometer.(40) to measure my body temperature.

The doctor told me I had..influenza(41), or.the flu.(42). But she told me I would recover..soon.(43). She said I was ..over the worst.(44) of the disease. She told me to ..rest at home.(45) and to .stay away from..(46) other people because the flu can spread. It is..contagious.(47).

Thankfully, I did not have to. go under the night..(48). I did not need an operation. Instead, I did. just what the doctor ordered(49). I went home and did exactly what was needed to become .heathy again..(50) again. Soon, I was.on the man..(51). I was ..pulling through.(52) and .recovering..(53) from my sickness.

Now, I am.back on my feet..(54). I am .physically ..(55) healthy again. Even better, the doctor has given me a..clean bill of heath(56). She says that I am one-hundred percent.cured..(57). I am back to normal and I feel..great .(58). In fact, I..feel on top of the world.(59). My friends say I now look like the .picture.of .(60) health.

(MUSIC)

11. Thnh vin sau cm ơn mabu115 v bi viết hữu ch

be_with_you (01-09-2008)

Tham gia ngy
    Nov 2006
    Bi gửi
    Cm ơn
    Được cm ơn 0 lần

Mặc định

MEDICAL TERMS

1. words and their stories
    2. professors
    3. expressions