PDA

View Full Version : Help me :x

Gemth
09-09-2013, 09:53 PM
1. Unless you return money immediately, you will risk being charged ______ theft and getting into serous trouble
a.on b.with c.of d.for
2.Iam going to ___all my clothes and decide which to keep and which to give away
a. get on b.go through
c.hand in d.look up
3.All her family came to the airport to___her off her trip to australia
a.call b.get c.see d.take

LHX
09-09-2013, 10:09 PM
1. Unless you return money immediately, you will risk being charged ______ theft and getting into serous trouble
a.on b.with c.of d.for
2.Iam going to ___all my clothes and decide which to keep and which to give away
a. get on b.go through
c.hand in d.look up
3.All her family came to the airport to___her off her trip to australia
a.call b.get c.see d.take

1. Unless you return money immediately, you will risk being charged ___with___ theft and getting into serous trouble

a.on
b.with
c.of
d.for

The basic syntax is "to charge someone with a crime" or "someone is charged with a crime"

charge (transitive) to accuse somebody formally of a crime so that there can be a trial in court (the OALD)

charge somebody with something/with doing something

He was charged with murder.

2.Iam going to _go through__all my clothes and decide which to keep and which to give away

a. get on
b.go through
c.hand in
d.look up

The phrasal verb is "to go through" =>to look at or examine something carefully, especially in order to find something

I always start the day by going through my email.

She went through the company's accounts, looking for evidence of fraud.

3.All her family came to the airport to_see__her off her trip to australia

a.call
b.get
c.see
d.take

The phrasal verb is "to see someone off" => to go to a station, an airport, etc. to say goodbye to somebody who is starting a journey

gorilla
09-09-2013, 10:12 PM
1. to be charged with sth: bị buộc tội ǵ
2. to go through sth: examine sth carefully: xem lại kĩ càng
3. to see sth off: tiễn ai