PDA

View Full Version : Fill in the blank

Pyro Dragon
08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
GAP-FILL 1 A

I was born in Newcastle, a city in a north east of England. Newcastle is on the bank of the River Tyne. It is quite big ________________ a population of about 200,000 people. There is a catheral _____ a university. There are five bridges ____________ the river Tyne _________ link Newcastle to the next town, Gateshead, ___________ there is one of _______ biggest shopping centres in the _____, the Metro centre. A few years ago, the main ___________ were shipbulding and coalmining __________ now the chemical and soap industries are _____________ important. I moved from Newcastle ten years ago but i often return. I miss the people ________ are so warm and ______ , and I miss the wild ________ countryside near the city, _____________ there are so many hills and streams.

People __________ are born near the river Tyne have a special name. They are called "Geordies". I'm very pleasant to be a " Geordie" !

ATBS_Rozykiss
14-07-2007, 12:44 PM
here is my answer: :smilie_goodjob: :dancing-banana:
GAP-FILL 1 A

I was born in Newcastle, a city in a north east of England. Newcastle is on the bank of the River Tyne. It is quite big with a population of about 200,000 people. There is a catheral and a university. There are five bridges over the river Tyne which link Newcastle to the next town, Gateshead, where there is one of the biggest shopping centres in the world , the Metro centre. A few years ago, the main industries were shipbulding and coalmining but now the chemical and soap industries are more important. I moved from Newcastle ten years ago but i often return. I miss the people who are so warm and friendly , and I miss the wild beautiful countryside near the city, where there are so many hills and streams.

People who are born near the river Tyne have a special name. They are called "Geordies". I'm very pleasant to be a " Geordie" !

Is that right? Pls check for me! thanks a lot! :smilie_goodjob: :dancing-banana:

Conan Doyle
14-07-2007, 02:29 PM
GAP-FILL 1 A

I was born in Newcastle, a city in a north east of England. Newcastle is on the bank of the River Tyne. It is quite big amount of a population of about 200,000 people. There is a cathedral beside a university. There are five bridges over the river Tyne which link Newcastle to the next town, Gateshead, where there is one of the biggest shopping centres in the world , the Metro centre. A few years ago, the main industries were shipbuilding and coalmining but now the chemical and soap industries are becoming/more important. I moved from Newcastle ten years ago but i often return. I miss the people who are so warm and friendly , and I miss the wild beautiful countryside near the city, where there are so many hills and streams.

People who are born near the river Tyne have a special name. They are called "Geordies". I'm very pleasant to be a " Geordie" !

Thanks

ngốc hay cười
14-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I was born in Newcastle, a city in a north east of England. Newcastle is on the bank of the River Tyne. It is quite big _____with ___________ a population of about 200,000 people. There is a cathedral __and ___ a university. There are five bridges ____over ________ the river Tyne __which_______ link Newcastle to the next town, Gateshead, ___specially ________ there is one of __the _____ biggest shopping centres in the __world ,the Metro centre. A few years ago, the main __industrieswere shipbulding and coalmining ___but__ now the chemical and soap industries are ____more _____ important. I moved from Newcastle ten years ago but i often return. I miss the people __who___ are so warm and _friendly_____ , and I miss the wild __dreamlike______ countryside near the city, interestingly,there are so many hills and streams.
Try the best^_^Monash

Pyro Dragon
26-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I was born in Newcastle, a city in a north east of England. Newcastle is on the bank of the River Tyne. It is quite big _______With_________ a population of about 200,000 people. There is a catheral ___and__ a university. There are five bridges _______over_____ the river Tyne ____with_____ link Newcastle to the next town, Gateshead, _______where____ there is one of ____the___ biggest shopping centres in the ___world__, the Metro centre. A few years ago, the main _____industries______ were shipbulding and coalmining ______but____ now the chemical and soap industries are ______more_______ important. I moved from Newcastle ten years ago but i often return. I miss the people ____who____ are so warm and ___friendly___ , and I miss the wild ___beautiful_____ countryside near the city, ____where_________ there are so many hills and streams.

People ______who____ are born near the river Tyne have a special name. They are called "Geordies". I'm very pleasant to be a " Geordie" !

Trên kia là Answer Sheet đúng nhất ! Và mỗi blank chỉ được điền duy nhất một từ thôi, đó là luật của Gap-Filling khi không đưa ra yêu cầu nào về số lượng từ trong blank so sỏry v́ đă không nói trước cho các bạn, ḿnh sẽ rút kinh nghiệm lần sau

Pyro Dragon
26-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Last week, I ________ my four-year-old daughter, Sally __________ a children's party. We travelled _________ train. Sally had ________________ travelled by train before. She sat near the window ______ asked a lot of questions. Suddenly, a middle-aged lady came ________ our compartment and sat opposite Sally. "Hello _______ girl" she said. Sally ____ not answer, but _____ at her curiously. The lady took ________ her powder compact. She then began to _____ up her face.

" Why are you --------- that?" Sally asked.
"To make --------- beautiful? " the lady answered.
She --------- away her-------- and smile kindly.
"But you are--------- ugly" Sally said.

turtlegold
27-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Last week, I met my four-year-old daughter, Sally at a children's party. We travelled by train. Sally had been travelled by train before. She sat near the window then asked a lot of questions. Suddenly, a middle-aged lady came to our compartment and sat opposite Sally. "Hello beautiful girl" she said. Sally did not answer, but looked at her curiously. The lady took ________ her powder compact. She then began to looked up her face.

" Why are you doing that?" Sally asked.
"To make you beautiful? " the lady answered.
"But you are not ugly" Sally said.

Ko chắc đâu nhé bạn;)

Pyro Dragon
29-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Last week, Imetmy four-year-old daughter, Sally ata children's party. We travelled bytrain. Sally had beentravelled by train before. She sat near the window thenasked a lot of questions. Suddenly, a middle-aged lady came toour compartment and sat opposite Sally. "Hellobeautifulgirl" she said. Sally didnot answer, but lookedat her curiously. The lady took ________ her powder compact. She then began to _looked up her face.

" Why are you doing that?" Sally asked.
"To make youbeautiful? " the lady answered.
"But you arenot ugly" Sally said.

Bài làm này có nhiều mistake quá bạn ah! Bạn thử suy nghĩ tiếp đi nhé!

Pyro Dragon
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Last week, I ____took____ my four-year-old daughter, Sally ____to______ a children's party. We travelled _____by____ train. Sally had ________never________ travelled by train before. She sat near the window ___and___ asked a lot of questions. Suddenly, a middle-aged lady came ____to____ our compartment and sat opposite Sally. "Hello ___little____ girl" she said. Sally __did__ not answer, but __look___ at her curiously. The lady took ____out____ her powder compact. She then began to __made___ up her face.

" Why are you -----doing---- that?" Sally asked.
"To make ----me----- beautiful? " the lady answered.
She -----put---- away her----compact---- and smile kindly.
"But you are-----still---- ugly" Sally said

Pyro Dragon
03-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Giúp ḿnh bài này nhé Gap-Fill 4C

Mark Twain is a___________American Writẹr His name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens and "Mark Twain" was his pen-name. Samuel Clemens was born in a small town_______the Missouri river in the USA. The boy had many friends at school and when he became a writer he _______them in his stories. When Samuel was 12, his father_____and the boy began to work and learned the________of a printẹr Samuel always wanted to_______a sailor and when he was 20, he found_______on a river boat. After some time he _______ the boat and went to live in California

buihoatienganh
03-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Mark Twain is a___well-known American Writẹr His name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens and "Mark Twain" was his pen-name. Samuel Clemens was born in a small town__nearby_____the Missouri river in the USA. The boy had many friends at school and when he became a writer he ___often write about ____them in his stories. When Samuel was 12, his father__was old enough___and the boy began to work and learned the___way_____of a printẹr Samuel always wanted to_be ______a sailor and when he was 20, he found___himself____on a river boat. After some time he ____left___ the boat and went to live in California

Pyro Dragon
04-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Ḿnh cũng không biết phải như bạn làm hok nữa những mỗi gap chỉ được điền một từ thôi bạn à!

Giúp ḿnh tiếp nha các bạn :

Mark Twain is a______ American Writẹr His name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens and "Mark Twain" was his pen-name. Samuel Clemens was born in a small town_______the Missouri river in the USA. The boy had many friends at school and when he became a writer he ______them in his stories. When Samuel was 12, his father_____and the boy began to work and learned the________of a printẹr Samuel always wanted to ______a sailor and when he was 20, he found_______on a river boat. After some time he _______ the boat and went to live in California. Here he began to writes stories_______the name of Mark Twain. He sent them to _______. The ________liked his stories very much. The many professions that he knew helped him to show life and people. In 1876 he published his best novel, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, which boys and girls in many country know and like very much. The profession of a writer did not _______much money to Mark Twain. He had to write articles for _____. He also _________from place to place, and read his short stories in_____

Lương Hồng Hạnh
04-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Mark Twain is a__famous___American Writẹr His name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens and "Mark Twain" was his pen-name. Samuel Clemens was born in a small town__near__the Missouri river in the USA. The boy had many friends at school and when he became a writer he __gave____them in his stories. When Samuel was 12, his father _died__and the boy began to work and learned the___living_____of a printẹr Samuel always wanted to___be____a sailor and when he was 20, he found___it____on a river boat. After some time he ___left____ the boat and went to live in California

Lương Hồng Hạnh
04-05-2008, 10:59 PM
I was born in Newcastle, a city in a north east of England. Newcastle is on the bank of the River Tyne. It is quite big ______with_____ a population of about 200,000 people. There is a cathedral __and___ a university. There are five bridges ____over___ the river Tyne ____with____ link Newcastle to the next town, Gateshead, ___where__ there is one of __the_____ biggest shopping centres in the __world___, the Metro centre. A few years ago, the main ___industries____ were shipbulding and coalmining ______but____ now the chemical and soap industries are _____more___ important. I moved from Newcastle ten years ago but i often return. I miss the people ___who__ are so warm and __friendly____ , and I miss the wild __beautiful___ countryside near the city, ____where_____ there are so many hills and streams.

People ___who__ are born near the river Tyne have a special name. They are called "Geordies". I'm very pleasant to be a " Geordie" !

cathybaby
20-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Mark Twain is a__famous____ American Writẹr His name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens and "Mark Twain" was his pen-name. Samuel Clemens was born in a small town__by_____the Missouri river in the USA. The boy had many friends at school and when he became a writer he ____put__them in his stories. When Samuel was 12, his father__died___and the boy began to work and learned the___use_____of a printẹr Samuel always wanted to __become____a sailor and when he was 20, he found__keen_____on a river boat. After some time he __left_____ the boat and went to live in California. Here he began to writes stories___by____the name of Mark Twain. He sent them to _edit______. The __proffessors______liked his stories very much. The many professions that he knew helped him to show life and people. In 1876 he published his best novel, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, which boys and girls in many country know and like very much. The profession of a writer did not ___pay____much money to Mark Twain. He had to write articles for __newpapers'___. He also _____travelled____from place to place, and read his short stories in__short___

linh_tt
21-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Mark Twain is a_well-known/ famous_ American Writẹr His name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens and "Mark Twain" was his pen-name. Samuel Clemens was born in a small town_nearby_the Missouri river in the USA. The boy had many friends at school and when he became a writer he _put_them in his stories. When Samuel was 12, his father_died_and the boy began to work and learned the_use_of a printer. Samuel always wanted to _become_a sailor and when he was 20, he found_______on a river boat. After some time he _left_ the boat and went to live in California. Here he began to writes stories_with_the name of Mark Twain. He sent them to _newsroom_. The _edition_liked his stories very much. The many professions that he knew helped him to show life and people. In 1876 he published his best novel, "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, which boys and girls in many country know and like very much. The profession of a writer did not _pay_much money to Mark Twain. He had to write articles for _newspaper_. He also _travelled_from place to place, and read his short stories in_____