PDA

View Full Version : lớp học viết: bi 8

catbuitriam
20-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Peculiar
20-01-2007, 08:56 AM
For those wishing to attempt this question, do consider the difference between "reckless risks" and "calculated risks", the latter seeming preferable as a requisite for success. The subjective notion of "success" also needs some consideration.

My two cents. ^^

luentang
20-01-2007, 09:53 AM
what is success? and how to obtain it always a big question in our life, specially for the youth. Here we only discuss how to get. If you choose a safety way to live and work it do not mean you won't get the success in life. But I'm sure that if you're not ready to challenge yourself with risk and catch the chance in time. The brilliant success will never come with you. I said the "brilliant success".So what is the risk, that is you're always enterprising with the new, unique, and different. *ofcourse, with your knowledge and understanding (called caculated risks) but not is reckless risk. Is that enough for the success? the answer is not yet. Although, you have an intelligent mind, have chance, and ready facing with risk but without well organied, without carefully planned, the success may not smile. working with plan is very important. plan is order of doing things in concern of human and financial resources.
In brief, in my opinion success is the collective of all factors: from taking risks or chances, from careful planning, and above all is working hard.

rachel_nk
20-01-2007, 11:12 AM
if you want to get successfull, for me, you must have a carefull and good preparation with plant. It's easy to know a person who don't have any preparation can't win. But it doesn't mean if you have good plant, you can get successfull. Besides, you need lucky and your confidence to have a decision in time. It's really important to be a good business man.
In conclusion, to get successfull, everyone need both good preparation with their chances.Both of them are as importạnt

Peculiar
20-01-2007, 11:23 AM
what is success? and how to obtain it always a big question in our life, specially for the youth. Here we only discuss how to get(get what?). If you choose a safety (safe?) way to live and work it do not (does not) mean you won't get the (redundant) success in life. But I'm sure that if you're not ready to challenge yourself with risk and catch the chance in time (incomplete sentence). The brilliant success will never come with you. I said the "brilliant success".So what is the risk, that is you're always enterprising with the new, unique, and different (watch your sentence structure). *ofcourse, with your knowledge and understanding (called caculated risks) but not is reckless risk (incomplete sentence). Is that enough for the success? the answer is not yet. Although, you have an intelligent mind, have chance, and ready facing with risk but without well organied, without carefully planned, the success may not smile (this sentence is incoherent and incomplete). working with plan is very important. plan is order of doing things in concern of human and financial resources.
In brief, in my opinion success is the collective of all factors: from taking risks or chances, from careful planning, and above all is working hard.

You need to work more on your use of sentence structures and expressions. Too many errors will reflect poorly on your command of English, especially in international exams.

miumiu
20-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Have you ever asked yourself where success comes from? To me, there are many opinions about that.Is it true if 'failure is the root of success' ?Actually,any path, all lead to the success. The matter is how much you have to pay to reach that success or how many pecentage of success you approach to.

Many people get their success due to an accidental luck. They neither care about the result of the things they do at that time nor do them for being put into pressure-taking risks, but afterward, a very success knocks their lives' door. By this way, these people depend too much on their fortune or other supernatural power. That means they can not decide their own lives; therefore, hardly can they really take pride of themselves. Like the other people, i find my success from my careful planning. It is the most staible background for me to have successful things.By this, i can control my own life so that i can prepare mentality for failure as well as the opposite things.
Having made a plan, i'm really confident and active to do along the planned schedule.An instance is that, I must have paid much on considering which are necessary to do first, to do next and so on at each suitable time.Once knowing what to do, i feell free to only focus on it without having to be anxious about the other. Thus, success is obvious thing.
Moreover,having listed a loaf of to-do things, i encourage myself to try my best to complete all with the highest results.And i succeed, surely.
I'm sure that all of us will have the nearer path to get success if we have careful planning.:eek: Perhaps, we cannot succeed immediatly, but sooner or later we will achieve our goals.That's completely success.:D

Please check it for me. And hope that all you agree with me.

Peculiar
20-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Have you ever asked yourself where success comes from? To me, there are many opinions about that.Is it true if (that) 'failure is the root of success' ?Actually,any path, all (all paths) lead to the (redundant) success. The matter is how much you have to pay to reach that success or how many pecentage of success you approach to (a bit weird - by the way, you approach something).

Many people get their success due to an accidental luck. They neither care about the result of the things they do at that time nor do them for being put into pressure-taking risks, but afterward, a very success (perhaps "success" will suffice; "very" can be used as an adjective, but the phrase "a very success" seems weird to me) knocks their lives' door. By (In) this way, these people depend too much on their fortune or other supernatural power. That means they can not (cannot) decide their own lives; therefore, hardly can they really take pride of (proud of something, but pride in something) themselves. Like the other people, i find my success from my careful planning. It is the most staible (stable) background for me to have successful things.By this, i can control my own life so that i can prepare mentality for failure as well as the opposite things (expression).
Having made a plan, i'm really confident and active to do along (follow/ stick to) the planned schedule.An instance is that (For instance), I must have paid (a bit weird, but I cannot think of an alternative at the moment) much on considering which are necessary to do first, to do next and so on at each suitable time.Once knowing what to do, i feell free to only focus on it without having to be anxious about the other (other things). Thus, success is obvious thing (can be easily achieved - the modal verb 'can' makes this sentence less sweeping).
Moreover,having listed a loaf (host/ number, etc - I'm not so sure, but " a loaf of smth" is not very familiar to me. It might to right, of course) of to-do things, i encourage myself to try my best to complete all with the highest results.And i succeed, surely.
I'm sure that all of us will have the nearer (shorter) path to get success if we have careful planning.:eek: Perhaps, we cannot succeed immediatly, but sooner or later we will achieve our goals.That's completely success.:D

miumiu
20-01-2007, 11:24 PM
thank Peculiar again and again for correcting all my mistakes.
But I'd like to know your opinion about my idea expression, the way I develope my writing, and more about academic writing. So, would you like?:)
AND what do you think about my weird phrases, in fact I learn some from other structures without knowing whether it's true or not. But it can be accêptable, right?Any way,in your opinion should we creat something weird in our work?
Wish you happy and lucky(just two everyone need most:))

Peculiar
20-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Apparently I have not read extensively enough to dismiss a strange expression that I have hardly come across as unacceptable, so I just label it as either 'strange' or 'weird'. :D If you have taken your expression from a reliable source (for example, BBC or The New York Times), then you can go ahead and use that phrase; otherwise it is a good idea to check it carefully. In an exam, it is advisable to play safe (ie. no experiments with words :D) - you never know what kind of examiner will grade your essay.

I have posted some tips on academic writing in the thread "Writing: bane or boon". If you wish to develop an academic style, do bear in mind the following:

1/ You should learn to recognise and avoid casual phrases.
2/ Get rid of emotional/extreme statements (It is utterly unfair!). I noticed that Vietnamese students love to use exclamation marks and the famous "dot dot dot" in their writing, which I don't think is a good idea.
3/ Be as objective as possible. In other words, make sure your writing is cold and clinical, rather than overflowing with emotion.

In terms of content, you need more real-life examples to substantiate your points. Generally it is not a good idea to cite your own experience (they may suspect you made it up for the sake of writing) or quote your grandma. ^^

This is as much as I can possibly think of at the moment.

Regards

Peculiar
20-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Just to add on: No contraction/ short forms please (you're and "you are" are two different things when it comes to an academic essay, the latter being preferable).

In addition, do not ask too many questions. Your task, after all, is to answer the question posed, not to confuse your examiner with more of them. ;)

hackerheart
22-01-2007, 09:42 AM
What does success come from? This is a great question. The success have many ways to define. But in my opinion, the success include many factors such as luck, work and study hard, professional style of work. And the question is: Why?
Firtsly, when you are a student. You have to study hard to take a best diploma.
Secondly, when you are a worker. You have to work hard to affirm yoursefl with your company and special with your boss.
Thirdly, a factor integral when you was a student or worker, that is a luck factor. This is invisible factor. So, hard to say about it. Moreover, to keep successful you must have a careful plan and professional style of work.
In conclusion, the success must include many factors as lucky, work and study hard, professional style of work.
And do you agree so?

Vu Anh Thu
22-01-2007, 12:12 PM
What is sucess? It means that you have to lead a life with wealth, high positions or simply: a healthy physical, a proper job, a happy family. The second seems so plain, but the first, is it enough ? People say that "Richer cries also". Are you sure you will be a successful man if you so rich, so power ?
Which you mean about the success will make how you work to got it.
Easily realizing that "calculated risks" with the luck, the chane will give you the success but waiting until when you have got all of those or you sometimes need a "reckless risk".
In my thinking, I regard that when you feel happy- you are sucessful. You do what you want even the work is then failure - you are happy, you are your own. And "Failure is the root of success".

duylinh
22-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Success is a state of good finish in work,of bliss ,of perfect contenment.Such as
a student passed his exammination,a bussinessman had a fine develop work in his career or a winner after an general election.
It is not easy having the success in a social full of problems and troubles.To make success I think success dont come from the sky so we have to know who we are?what we want ?what we do ? why we do ?and how we do ???
We have to know how to choose a carrer or work with our competence.
We have to be trained to qualify for the our carrer or work
We have to know how to take risks or changes to progress ours.
And we have to try and try more to reach our goal . Really ,It would be sad if our life have nothing to do or doing without good factors.:)

trang le
22-01-2007, 07:36 PM
:) I have one topic ,can you help me?
the topic is'why English is the most important language in the world?'
post your opinions as soon as possible.thanks a lot!
if you want to make friends ,please contact me with this email"chihuahua_churupungpung@yahoo.com"

newbie28
23-01-2007, 10:51 PM
There is little agreement on what the notion of success should embrace. A definite answer to the question that how to define success still remains to be seen. Does one man's success necessarily mean living in wealth, indulging in luxury or basking in power and glory ? Or just taking it more simply, is the man who overcomes himself proved to be the most successful one ? Given such perplexity of the notion "success", I would like to narrow down the scope of "success" in question to a simpler and more concrete one: to be successful in business.

To this extent, careful planning would be a good bet. Notwithstanding how often you are advised to take risks if you ever enter the cut-throat world of business, a meticulous and thorough planning should do the trick here. In business, every decisions and endeavors needs beforehand survey, well-accumulated statistics and sufficiently-collected data to prove them viable for implementation. Companies nowadays are at pains to plan the most feasible and least risky strategies for the purpose of ensuring a successful outcome. Inarguably, no company can afford to be without assessing all the factors that may influence its own business.

Thus, if you are told to run a risk, or to pounce on some opportunities in business, it goes without saying that the risk or the opportunity in question must be a well calculated one. More often than not, a risk in business is a risk that offers initial challenges and teething troubles, not something that spells disaster in the long term. Businessmen do take those risks, after careful and detailed planning. They do not take those risks that they can not contemplate or anticipate the outcome. Likewise, an opportunity in business is always interpreted as the odds of business succeeding well outweigh the probability of going sour. That is when careful study and analysis come in handy.

In the end, taking risks needs careful planning. It is the secret to survival in business. Broadly speaking, it can be well applied not only to business but also to any other aspect of life. When you take risks, you should have planned it before. Therefore, it all boils down to one fact: planning does count to ensure success.

longphung
24-01-2007, 06:09 AM
Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In the daily life, we sometimes watch some programs on the VT or read newspapers that show someone has succeed in their life by different ways . Some people explain their achievement because they dare to fail from taking risks or changes but others
have succeed by making clear plans.

Actualy, it is believed that taking risks or opportunities are one of factors contribute to create the success of people. Bill Gate, a president of Microsoft company that I would like to mention such an example to support for my points. When he had been studying at Harvard University , he had a brave decision to break off his studyand left the school to set up his own company with his friend.
Unfortunately, he spent a lot of difficult times because of his business. His company bankrupted, he did not have enough money to pay for his employees, bank companies etc. It seems that he lost at all but by a strong mental he was successful in borrowing money from the banks since then his company has grew up strongly and now his company is a well-know company in the world with the products of Window OS. Later, he revealed in an interview on TV that he dares to fail from taking risks to achieve his points.

However, Others believe that success results from careful planning. It is undoubted that clear plans play an important role in life because they prevent risks that might
badly impact on our lives.

To sum up, In my opinion, It is so difficult to answer the question what does success come from because not only it also depend on each individuals but also our situation that we each have different choices to have success life.

we will rock you
24-01-2007, 06:39 PM
i think sucess come from your courage. example: Luong Ngoc Ky is a famous people in Viet Nam, he write by his toe. It is very diffcult to do, but he can because he has a courage. So you should have a courage

miumiu
24-01-2007, 08:47 PM
What does success come from? This is a great question. The success have many ways to define. But in my opinion, the success include many factors such as luck, work and study hard(this is not parallel), professional style of work what do you mean by this phrase?(- does it and the word "work" you listed above conincide in the meaning?) . And the question is: Why?
Firtsly, when you are a student. You have to study hard to take a best diploma.
Secondly, when you are a worker. You have to work hard to affirm yoursefl with your company and special with your boss.
Thirdly, a factor integral when you was a student or worker, that is a luck factor. This is invisible factor. So, hard to say about it. Moreover, to keep successful you must have a careful plan and professional style of work.
those red words as i think have problem:):, a student, a worker have nothing connected to be thethe first, the next. SO what do you mean? I guess you mean that to each individual cicumstance , it has its own defnition of success?
In conclusion, the success must include many factors as lucky, work and study hard, professional style of work.
And do you agree so?

what do you thing about my comment? I find your ideas 'r not very cleạr
Hope you agree with those;)

Viet_ha_xinh
25-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. For my part I think success is the result of careful planning.

First of all, careful helps you reduce ability of failure. Careful planning helps you have knowledge, which is very necessary for everybody who wants to be successful. In my opinion, chances come to every people. But there are only some few people be successful, it’s the person who’ve prepared well before and thus be able to hold that chance. To the people who are successful by taking risks unconsciously they have to prepare well before. Maybe they are lucky, but without knowledge nobody can succeed. Careful planning is really important.

Moreover, careful planning also helps you a lot in case you get failure. Many people without careful planning missed their chance to success, it’s certainly. But there are also many people who had planned very careful didn’t succeed. In that case, plan helps get over more quickly than others who didn’t plan anything at all. Plan would show them what to do next. Careful plan make sure that they get nearer to success than any others else.

Personally I think that success always comes along with careful planning. Nobody can be success only by chances or taking risks. Before they can have their own chances they must have work hard before.

Peculiar
25-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. For my part I think success is the (a) result of careful planning.

First of all, careful (careful planning) helps you reduce ability (the probability) of failure. Careful planning helps you have knowledge, which is very necessary for everybody who wants to be successful. In my opinion, chances come to every people. But there are only some (a) few people be successful (successful people), its the person whove prepared well before and thus be able to hold that chance (sentence structure). To the people who are successful by taking risks unconsciously they have to prepare well before. Maybe they are lucky, but without knowledge nobody can succeed. Careful planning is really important.

Moreover, careful planning also helps you a lot in case you get failure. Many people without careful planning missed their chance to success, its certainly (structure). But there are also many people who had planned very careful didnt succeed (structure). In that case, plan helps get over more quickly than others who didnt plan anything at all. Plan would show them what to do next. Careful plan make sure that they get nearer to success than any others else.

Personally I think that success always comes along with careful planning. Nobody can be success only by chances or taking risks. Before they can have their own chances they must have work hard before.

catbuitriam
25-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Thank Peculiar for your enthusiasm. I've finished all of my tests yet, so I'm free man now.